Anyone got any info good or bad on mushroom express , in valley center on the rincon

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JIMROY, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Dirt, as in bottom dumps ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trku

trku Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    How was the orientation? You will be running coast to coast dedicated? I have a trucker friend in Escondido that may be interested if they are still hiring.

4. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    it was fine, westbound is pretty much dedicated to mushrooms out to socal.... reefer east bound to god knows where....

your friend have experience???? pm me!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  5. vintagedude

vintagedude Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2013
    calif
    Don't know how they are to work for but they advertise for drivers like every month. Put in application and was told no openings for single drivers even thought their ad say they were hiring for it.

6. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    i just finished and 11 day run for them , they are pretty good. Pay could be alot higher.....

7. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    that was dirt as in super ten dump. Hauling from arb's mission street yard to nursery at very end of north broadway . In escondido... Dirt from sdg&e night digs, they are putting huge underground power cables under the street. but hauling dirt was a different gig..... that was dump truckin, Now i am pulling
    c2c reefer

8. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    almost all their work is c2c team driving. what solo runs are usually done by one of the senior drivers and are only a one day shot most of the time... just a delivery or pickup then back to the yard....

9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    So, you're running team ocean to ocean ?

10. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    yes , teams. New drivers go into a trainee status for like 3 months..., with my experience its sounding line one or two more turns and i will be off trainee status .... Basically i am learning the dedicated side of the hauls.... The rest is do as you go.... And i know how to drive and load and all that stuff....

This is a pretty good outfit. Just wish there was less hurry up and wait in this business....

And i would much rather have an opened up truck , no cut back motors, and a dedicated truck.... Slip seat sucks bit time... I have a 70 mph volvo right now but probably gonna have to turn it back and get that cascadia back.... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

11. Bry

Bry Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Jimroy,
    I live in Valley Center. Might try to go back to trucking in couple months. Have you heard of Hidden Valley Transportation in Escondido? Wondering if you had anything to say about them.
    Thanks, Bry
    ps, I want to avoid team at this time if I can.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.