Anyone have anything on Montana Brand?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TurkeyCreekJackJohnson, Apr 12, 2024.

1. TurkeyCreekJackJohnson

TurkeyCreekJackJohnson Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2024
    South Western US
    A company called Montana Brand has contacted me a couple time through Pulse (unsolicited). Looks like 30 some trucks out of SLC hauling produce lanes from SLC thru Vegas ro SoCal and a lane SlC to "all parts of Montana" according to their message. CSA are Lower than natural avg.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I don't know anything about that company. Lower than national average CSA means getting higher DOT attention. CA and UT DOT are quite thorough. Why invite problems?

4. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    Isn’t lower csa score means good inspections and equipment in good shape? Why would company with good safety score attract more attention? Just curious

5. tscottme

I misunderstood. Putting aside lower or higher, working at companies with a better CSA than national average is easier, all other things being equal, than working at companies with a worse CSA rating. CSA score isn't the only thing to know, but it's often a good measure of multiple things about a company. Some inspections are random, the 7th truck is getting inspected, and some are "for cause", here comes another Broken Outlaw Trucking truck. That's what I was trying to say when I made a mistake.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    They used to haul a lot for Albertson’s, not sure if they still do. They’ve been around forever, probably a fairly solid company if you’re interested in running the intermountain west. As far as I know they still just run 5 axles at 80k gross, they’re not dragging doubles north out of Utah like Associated does.

7. TurkeyCreekJackJohnson

Feb 7, 2024
    South Western US
    I've seen some of those doubles and wondered if the pay was more.

8. tscottme

I think lots of Associated doubles are hourly.

9. TurkeyCreekJackJohnson

Feb 7, 2024
    South Western US
    So two reefer trailers doesn't get a driver twice the CPM? Man I need twice the pay for the same work! Lol

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    When I pulled flatbed the guys with doubles got a few cents a mile extra and $25 more than single trailers when they had to set up their sides for wheat or salt.

11. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Good Clean Equipment
    Been around 50 years that I know of.
    Saw them a lot at Albertsons in North Salt Lake.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.