Anyone Have the Inside Scoop on Amazon in the Northeast?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Proxy, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Proxy

Proxy Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2018
    They have transitioned into a new contract system instead of setting weekly capacity, claiming that all local work will be contract based and only available to the best performing carriers. Moving forward carriers will all have access to the same list of contracts that are released weekly and are on a first come first serve basis. However the freight has seemed to drop significantly in the CT area as soon as the contract system went live, so it leads me to believe a behind scenes deal was made which it completely contradicts everything they have preached over the years about shying away from megas etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Just curious. Why are you interested in Amazon? They are bottom feeders, have ridiculously low rates....

4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Better off playing the spot market. Amazon=container crowd......

Proxy and JonJon78 Thank this.
  5. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Amazon going the same way as FedEx from what I've seen, started seeing Amazon trucks pulling Amazon trailers.

6. Proxy

Proxy Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2018
    yea its a new thing for owner ops, they get a truck but have to run amazon freight, not sure how that makes them an owner op but hey.... some people will do anything for a truck.... :biggrin_2559:

Rubber duck kw and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  7. Proxy

Proxy Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2018
    its a long winded answer, but short version is ease of scalability, some drivers prefer it over other freight as amazon is very autopilot, and no overhead for trailers etc, but you are absolutely right

8. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I understand what you are saying. But I still have trouble grasping it. I have seen their rates, as I am set up with them. I have never hauled a load for them,, as their rates are laughable .

Ruthless Thanks this.
  9. Proxy

Proxy Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2018
    I also forgot to mention now that there dedicated has switched to contracts they are hedging lower rates for "guaranteed work" so you get to fight with other carriers over $30-$50 less per day....yea their internal load board aka AdHoc rates are an absolute joke. Sometimes they will have one that pays really well, about 1h after you accept they will cancel one stop of of the six and now it pays 20% of it did originally....totally intentional bait and switch...after falling for that a few times, never again..

10. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Shhh. Quit telling people this. They'll be fighting for your decent freight if they ever get a clue.

Lite bug and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  11. Proxy

Proxy Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2018
    feel better? I really appreciate the insight... :thumbright:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.