Anyone heard of Powersource Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mikemann00, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hard rider

hard rider Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2010
    tell me more about powersource can i make money with them i understand they stabbed you in the back my last company did it to me for no reason. we all have our ####### and complaints about the company we drive for and its never our fault and for the most part it is the company.. i am buying a truck and thinking about leasing to them..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aktive

Aktive Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2010
    DUBLIN VA
    leased to them for 1 year work was slow alot of deadheading you can catch them in lies. they do have a company part that started when the fuel went high dont lease their junk bring your own truck if you try them out.. made decent money but it really got slow for 2 straight months

i left on good terms and they tried to tarnish my DAC i called them on it and they repaired what they had said with satisfactory work just glad to be gone

4. hard rider

Jul 5, 2010
    aktive can you go more into detail about power source you can private message me if you want.. they have a good reputation in the trucking bussiness.. you have to remember all companies have there fault and for a company like them and not have many drivers complaining i find that still decent... every company has been slow due to the economy.. for them to be slow only 2 months in a row isnt bad i know companies that have been slow for 2 years and ones that went out of bussiness i worked for one of them.. you said you made moneythey dont hide you have to bobtail your not mary poppens there not going to fly your truck to the next load.. and your next load cant always be around the next corner.. its part of the bussiness.. you dont make any sense you made money when it was good had two bad months now your glad to be away from them.. i see you only been in this bussiness for 6 years so your still a virgin.. i actually contacted power source about your post and talked to them about it.. they were upfront and very nice people to talk to about it.. So dont trash a company because of a few bad months this bussiness isnt laced with gold...

5. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I was talking with one of there drivers last week at the T/A in Slidell, La., he has been with them for two years. He loves it, said things were pretty rough last year, but has stayed really busy since the first of the year.

hard rider Thanks this.
  6. mike91118

mike91118 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2010
    clarksville,tennessee
    do they have a lease purchase

7. hard rider

Jul 5, 2010
    dude i was told by them you dont want to lease there trucks bring your own on here is a great company im getting my truck from the company is calle lone mountain truck leasing i have found them to be a fair no bs place to lease / buy a truck from.. if your not happy with whoever you lease from you can move the truck to another company.. ask for mike the sales guy there they have a application online. fill it out in a day or two they will tell you if your accepted to get a truck and they have some nice trucks...power source is where im leasing on too... they seem like real nice people and they have a policy to not treat there driver like crap.. if you call power source ask for lisa in recruiting tell her Randy sent you I am from nj she eases my nervousness form doing this.. good luck and happy trucking

8. hard rider

Jul 5, 2010
    let me tell you about power source stay far away from them... they had my application for 2 and a half months.. I was sent a letter thet i was accepted for employment pending a drug test and physical on july 30 2010 which i can present to anyone thaat doubts me.. lisa the recruiter who i thought was a good person was in constant contact with me. I was buying a truck on the outside.. i wouldnt buy there junks.. i put a substantial down payment on a truck to lease onto them.. in the mean time my daughter broke her leg so i detained my starting date by a few months so i could spend time with her.. 2 weeks ago i was in contact with lisa who contacted the dealer to make sure all was in order for the truck i contacted her on that monday told her i would be enroute to ga to get my truck.. On wed i headed out on a smelly greyhound bus.. about 3 pm i received a call from lisa saying there was a problem with my application.. now remember i was approved 2 months earlier... Nothing changed on my work history.. i was told they over looked something and there was no way they would lease me on.. I am trapped on a grey hound bus made calls to people i knew to call them to verify my 28 years a experience and they didnt want to hear it..Now you explain to me after 2 months of having my application the day of traveling to get my truck who is running there safety department 3 blind mice.. a week later after going thru a orientation with another company i didnt want to lease to but had to since i bought a truck to lease to powersource.. I called them back and talked to a women there who called lisa out on how lousy she treated me.. Garbage would of been treated better then i was by this company... She told me we would take a different approach to get me on but it was all a forest to act like she was doing me just cause..the comapny she called gave me a high recomandation... couldnt get a better reference.. Lisa called me back and told me still bad news since i didnt drive every state in the nation she couldnt hire me.. i been doing this a long long time and havent touched all states Im shy by 1 or 2.. Please all owner operators stay far away from this company.. there less then dirt..

9. ral17

ral17 Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    First let me say that I am not a trucker. I am in charge of the logistics for the company I work for. We have used Powersource many times in the past and have never had a problem....until recently.
    I had 2 drivers scheduled to pick up loads from my place and deliver them to nuclear power plant sites...places that have high security...places where deliveries need to be scheduled. One of the drivers was 2 hours late, so I called him up and asked where he was. He informed me he and the other driver were in Iowa and would be here this afternoon (I'm in southeastern WI, about 20 miles from the IL border). He claimed he didn't know he had to be here by a certain time - the reason for that was because my customer works only until a certain time, so to coordinate delivery, we wanted them here as early as possible. Our workers worked overtime to make sure this piece of equipment was ready for delivery this morning. I came in early to make sure this load left smoothly - which is unpaid on my end.
    After having multiple conversations with my broker and my broker talking to their dispatcher, the driver called me back and said he wouldn't be here until tomorrow morning because they had some work they needed to get done on their trucks. Things happen, I know, but a phone call would have been nice!
    It has now become a game of he said she said with this company. I got an email from my broker assuring me that they would be here this afternoon now, because thats what they told their dispatcher. The driver then called me back to tell me he still wouldn't be here until tomorrow morning.
    I got so irritated that I left a comment on their website. Someone got back to me and said that the drivers are not doing what they've been instructed to do.
    So what? Apparently they just let their drivers do what they want and let them get away with it. Thats poor customer service as far as I'm concerned. Now that I have been inconvenienced, so is MY customer, which I am not happy about. We have been using Powersource without a problem in the past, and mainly because they are cheaper than the rest. Obviously, cheaper is not better.
    I would not recommend this company to anyone!

intrepidor Thanks this.
  10. JerryDT

JerryDT Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Charleston, IL
    Hey folks, I am General Manager of REXDON Power-Only Transport. As mentioned above, the new trailer industry had been hit hard by the recession. However, things have drastically improved since a year ago, and we need trucks asap! We are booked solid, and need experienced owner operators with well-maintained trucks. If you happen upon this thread, and want to know more, please call 800-874-7936 and ask for Matt in our Safety Department. We look forward to speaking with you!

Jerry

11. chunkinpunkin

chunkinpunkin Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    canoochee,ga
    used them only because they were cheaper, serves you right you got a pissed off customer

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.