Anyone know anything about ATS? Are they an honest company?

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by 8-j, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Soule_Man

Soule_Man Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Fayetteville, NC
    1. If you are going to be a company driver then a very good chance of getting the apu. If lease op no. Lol
    2. I am averaging around 1.85 per mile. I am picky and am doing really well over here. I always am trying to run , if they don't have a great paying load I take a short crappy load to get me to a better lane . Not every lease op will make it and I'm not saying it is for everyone. But I personally am doing very well. If you would like more details let me know.
    3. I am not TAP . I am actually in the process of specing my own truck after my year and bring it over here. That is how much I like it here. If you need more info on the TAP program let me know cause I know several people doing it. I am personally not doing the TAP program because I did not want a freight shaker and I want to be able to go where I want with my truck if I ever decided to leave ATS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rhino2604

Rhino2604 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I get all kinds of conflicting reports on the TAP program. I was told by ATS after 1yr I could take the truck and leave if I so desired due to the fact it was a deal between the driver and freightliner. Can you do the TAP on a freightliner only? If I manage to do a newer truck out of orientation can I just purchase that 1 after a year? Thank you for all your help.

4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

You are not going to get a trk. paid off in one year.
    It's a year lease. 2 different things.
    Owning and leasing are not the same.....

5. Soule_Man

Nov 7, 2012
    Fayetteville, NC
    I believe if you are on the Tap program you can take the truck to an approved company by the people who did the inhouse lease. BUT you are not gonna be able to take the truck anywhere you want. What a lot of people don't understand is that it has to be approved by Freightliner which is owned by part of the ATS family and you will only be able to take it to one of the companies under their umbrella.

Most people coming to ATS are going to have to do the 1 year lease before doing any TAP program. Unless you have an years experience in lease and flatbedding and the money to put down on the lease truck. The reason for this is because ATS just does not want to lease to someone that does not have any experience running their own business/truck. A lot of people fail at leases and they don't want to order you a truck and have you forfeit it just after a few months because you don't know what you are doing.
    Hope this helps.

6. Rhino2604

Jan 9, 2013
    Yes soule man it does thank you. I start class a week from Monday in St Cloud. I just like hearing from guys out on the front lines vs office staff. I'm looking forward to it actually. I have tons of Deck experience and got out of it for 3yrs or so gained 50'ish pounds and miss it. I live in Kansas City MO is that a decent place for freight?

7. Soule_Man

Nov 7, 2012
    Fayetteville, NC
    Not too bad of an area. You will be able to pass by all the time. Easy to get home. Good luck on your new adventure and hit me up when ya get out here.

8. Rhino2604

Jan 9, 2013
    Soul Man I just sent you a private msg.

9. lildudef150

lildudef150 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2014
    I see you live in Fayetteville, NC. I do as well. I've been looking at going to work for them, and have been trying to get as much info as possible. I am looking at the van side. Are you van or specialized and are you leasing? one year lease? making good money? Thanks for any info you can give.

10. Soule_Man

Nov 7, 2012
    Fayetteville, NC
    I run the specialized division and am doing really well here. I don't know much about the Van side but can answer most questions. I do the lease and am actually buying a truck to sign on to ATS when it is done being built in July. One thing you need to remember is if signing on from NC they will want you to get your own Workmans comp since NC is 4 times higher than any other state. I went through the state and got mine and for the first year establishing your self it is really expensive. They want to make sure you are not just going to try and get over on the state. Then after the year your rate drops over 50%.
    If you have any concerns hit me up.

lildudef150 Thanks this.
  11. churchboy2010

churchboy2010 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Hi Soule_Man i'm thinking about doing there southeast lease purchase and was wanting more info about it can you help?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.