Anyone know how to get HAZMAT in New York State?

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by This_is_a_username, Sep 20, 2022.

1. This_is_a_username

This_is_a_username Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Get a hazardous materials (HazMat) endorsement

So I read that link, and I was still confused.

What I ended up doing was my ELDT course, took the test at the DMV, then went to identogo and got finger printer, then mailed my application to Albany.

But it doesnt really lost the correct order. Also it mentions a TSA background , is that the fingerprinting?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Yes, the fingerprint company sends your prints to TSA for the threat assessment.

tscottme Thanks this.
  4. This_is_a_username

This_is_a_username Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Thanks, so you have a ny CDL also? Did I do everything right or will I run into issues ?

It says the test results are good untill CDL is expired, so I know I have that done right.

Will sending in my application after getting fingerprinted mess things up ?

5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    My CDL is from Texas so I don't know how NY does it, but somebody at your local DMV office should be able to tell you.

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The TSA background check is what happens AFTER you submit your paperwork online and get your fingerprints recorded. While you are waiting for the TSA to give you notice that you are OK, that is when the TSA is doing the background check. It is a few weeks of waiting under normal circumstances. COVID and govt staff shortages can make it much longer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.