Anyone Leasing a Tractor From RYDER or PENSKE?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Big Herb The Trucker, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Big Herb The Trucker

Big Herb The Trucker Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2017
    NYC
    How much was the payments on the specd out truck and how long was the term you negiotiated?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    That's pretty good. I am looking to rent a truck for a month and Penske quoted $850 per week plus 19cpm. Ryder have not gotten back to me yet

4. ovosquad

ovosquad Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2018
    i signed up for ryder leasing program and got a call from them today. Before i said Hi the lady who called was laughing i hung up on her. I don't have time to waste

5. ovosquad

ovosquad Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2018
    so i found out you need a company established for 2 years or longer

6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    0430BB39-40CA-48FB-81A5-1ADEBE19D2C2.png

This add showed up on my Facebook feed.... click bait trash !

Don’t bother to call it’s a waste of time. They said it was too hard to get a sole proprietor set up thru their credit dept.

They Didn’t know or ask my full name, and couldn’t have run a credit check on me.....

I hung up on them..... Ryder sucks !

ovosquad Thanks this.
  7. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I sat with Penske for a hour or so and the numbers didn't work for me. Owning outright makes me feel more comfortable turning down cheap freight and leaving it parked.

8. mugurpe

mugurpe Medium Load Member

May 5, 2013
    Arlington, MA
    I've rented semis from both, and recently quoted a brand new 7 year lease on a straight truck from penske and ryder. Ryder was $1500 or so per month for a $90,000 truck, 7 year lease, $.10 per mile. all in except for insurance. Penske was $200 more expensive per month I think I recollect. Penske is cheaper on rentals, but their equipment seems in worse shape, and they're less likely to actually have it as they overbook. But these things change from year to year. Penskes used to be the better maintained fleet and more expensive. I think as different people progress through the management hierarchy priorities shift and their customers experiences change. I've never done a lease before, always bought outright, so I'll see how it goes.

9. ovosquad

ovosquad Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2018
    i couldn't even get a hold of them...called them like 20 times, clearly, they don't care about business or someone needs to get fired

10. Tony81

Tony81 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Orlando florida
    Ryder dont rent if u are new driver .Penske yes they rent to you ..1000 a week plus .18 cent mile

11. Tony81

Tony81 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Orlando florida
    Ryder was rude to me they told me i need to have authority for few years and Penkse they rent me the semi for 1000$ a week plus ,18 cents a mile is no cheap but good to start on you own ,even i find to start alone very confusing to get into business ,but well if aryder dont rent you better go Penkse

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.