Anyone making any money hauling frac or water around Midland/Odessa?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by 27butterfly, Jun 6, 2017.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Paying loads late is "the stupidest stuff," in your opinion? :biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thisxstyle

thisxstyle Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Surprisingly, it can be. The bulk of the time its the drivers fault. They forgot to turn in the paperwork. This is common, for the guys that wait a while to turn stuff in. To prevent this, I ask them to take a pic of the bol and send it to me after every load. Forgetting to turn something in is one of the stupidest reasons to not get paid and be upset.

At times it's out of the drivers and my control. If a load is diverted and the company doesn't pay, then how am I to know what to pay on the load? All the whining and complaining would yield the same answer to me from the company. "We don't know what it's paying", "we're waiting to hear back on the price and will let you know" blah blah blah

If I can get a price on it, then I'll pay on it early before I collect on it, people seem to like getting a few extra bucks late over me taking back the money I overpaid. I try to be reasonable.

4. 27butterfly

27butterfly Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    I applied at Maalt but then decided to take my old job back like a dummy, I was set to leave too and I called the recruiter to tell her I decided to go back to old job. I looked into them but couldn't find much about them so I decided not to jump.

5. thisxstyle

thisxstyle Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Honestly, that probably wasn't a bad choice, if you're running sand, you really wanna be an o/o. I started off working for somebody and hated it.

But man oh man, when I bought my first truck and started getting the bigger checks, all of sudden I didn't mind it so much lol

6. 27butterfly

27butterfly Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    I applied for Agility for O/O but my only worry is will It still be okay when bust comes up ( boom hasn't started yet lol).

7. Milton2017

Milton2017 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2017
    I guess hauling fuel is a good job. I did it for some time and is easy and fun. Whitecourt, Grande Prairie, Valleyview and Fox Creek are OK to look for this job. They are needing AZ (Class 1), but you will be driving most time three axle.

8. AC141

AC141 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Interesting - thanks for this.

9. AC141

AC141 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2017
    What kind of rigs are the best for this?

10. frac4themoneytx

frac4themoneytx Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Excellent tips thisxstyle!!

11. heartlessangel7

heartlessangel7 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Texas & New Mexico has the worst lease roads in the entire country.

SANDBOX Logistics is killing the big sandcan jobs. No wait time. the sand is flatbedded in. NO WAIT TIME. Smaller jobs still need sandcan trks

77fib77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.