Anyone notice increased patrols I.S.P.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by istumped, Feb 6, 2024.

1. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Anyone notice an increase in patrols and pull overs by Illinois State Police? Seen it happing here. Never have I seen so many trucks pulled over at nite or early morning hours. Looks like a money grab to help pay for the immgrets coming in. Noticed it at the county level as well(multiple counties). Anybody have connections with ISP what's the really story? Really started to notice it when Illinois governor called out Texas governor. FYI I'm in the red part of Illinois not the blue part.

Flat Earth Trucker and Freddy57 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Most trucks speed regardless of road conditions. Maybe they get tired of standing in the cold for hours on end at accident scenes .. handing out some tickets slows people down and brings in some revenue.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They have been out in force for several months statewide..more than normal..

5. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    as far as I know speed limit is nonexistent in Chicagoland...neither for regular cars or semis , every time on any highway at any time of the day trucks flying faster than regular cars ...I was coming back to northern suburb of Chicago Friday at 10pm on 294 ( construction speed limit 45 ) I was the slowest truck at 60mph ...seen other trucks flying by at probably 75mph or more ...it's sad and dangerous

Flat Earth Trucker and bzinger Thank this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep didn't even know there was a speed limit in Illinois or that they enforced and traffic laws .

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.