Anyone run OD line haul out of Milwaukee?

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by Texnmidwest, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I have read a lot of good things about other areas but was wondering about around here. Anyone give me some scoop?

2. Naptown

Naptown Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I can't offer you much since I've only been there a handful of times and only at night when no one else is around.

OD in general is a good place to work, and I wouldn't hesitate to work at any of their locations. It's a fairly large terminal so there should be opportunity to get in the door.

I personally don't like going there because I always have to stop at one of the Chicagoland terminals on my way back home. Nothing against Milwaukee, I just don't like Chicago much.

I always get hungry when I'm there. The air always smells strongly of pizza at night and I can't find the source.

Texnmidwest Thanks this.
  3. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Most valuable information you could give about a terminal lol

How's hiring been in Indy lately? I know they went on a spree for awhile.

4. Naptown

Naptown Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I think they're still hiring, just not doing all the advertising like in the past. I haven't paid much attention though. Freight is up at the moment. I've been covering day runs this week because dispatch has been running out of day shift extra drivers. That's always a good problem to have.

Texnmidwest and CasanovaCruiser Thank this.
  5. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I dunno about pizza other than there is a pizza joint close. I DO know that right across the street from the term is Beer Bellys Bar and Grill that has a killer fish fry!

6. Tigerpawz00

Tigerpawz00 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2014
    You can check the website to see if they are hiring... It's basically the same at every terminal..Great Company to work for..

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted