Anyone Seeing an Uptick in Tucks?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Opus, Apr 2, 2020.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    More using pc to get to a truckstop?

I have been unwilling to sit in Chicago lately. Too many wouldn't even have to wear a disguise anymore.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Definitely. I just ran through there twice in the past week and it was packed. A lot of truck traffic going to Atlanta..folks are hoarding groceries. The food warehouse I went to was busy..guard was complaining how busy been..and it was...about the busiest I have ever seen it there.

Opus Thanks this.
  4. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Thank you. Just rebuilt my house. Didn’t anticipate loss of work. But keeping busy around the house.
    Very fortunate to have at home parking brotha. Thank you. The money tree is dying though. Might have to find another job for the time being but will never sell the truck

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I'm at the Pilot in Daleville IN.
    Never once have I been the only customer in the store. Not the only customer at the counter, the only customer in the store.
    Never once have I ever seen ALL of the fuel islands open. Not just open with folks parked forward to go inside, NO TRUCKS at all in or near the fuel island.

Jus sayin

jsnell and Chubby Fly Thank this.
  6. Chubby Fly

Nov 25, 2019
    Dam

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Ok. I gonna throw this out there. I was just talking to a friend, a trucker, and he thinks that there will be a lot of big sales coming as soon as people are allow out again. That many of these so called "responsible" companies are chomping at the bit trying to figure out ways to get people to waste, I mean spend, their stimulus money of big screen tvs and the like. Instead of things like rent or food. Now, like a said this guy is a truck driver and sometime I think he spent too much time at the lunch counter. But who knows.

jsnell Thanks this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Kemosabe, you don't need to worry about the rich getting richer, you need to worry more about the people in the street who have nothing.
    I'm telling you guys, it can only last so long.
    And if they said everything would be fine by the end of April, you'd still have a crapload of people not being paid for 6 weeks.
    Guys, this will not end well.

jsnell Thanks this.
  9. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017

There is a dump truck company down the street from me.

There is probably at least 20 to 25 trucks Down there. You normally see them running day-and-night.

Now for the 1st time ever I see every one of those trucks sitting.

There is a guy near me that I see his dump truck working but He is hooked up with a utility contractor.

Chubby Fly Thanks this.
  10. Chubby Fly

Nov 25, 2019
    Yeah man. Only essentials are allowed to work. Emergency work. Pennsylvania is the ONLY state in us shut down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.