Anyone Southeast Regional or Florida?

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by Jake225, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Jake225

Jake225 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2011
    port richey, fl
    Thinking about going with Heartland...
    What do you think?

What kind of miles ya getting? Pay? Rumors?...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2009GMC

2009GMC Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Alabama
    I'm thinking about them also. I'm in Mobile AL. I would like to know if the home 3 out of 4 weekends is true. I've read most of the threads on here about them but haven't seen anyone comment from my area.

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I am not sure about your region.
    When I was normal regional I was home most weekends. It may or may not be the full weekend though. Depending on the freight and what they have you bring home.
    Regional pay is not as good as system pay. And system drivers are out 2-3 weekends per month.
    But they get .04 cpm more for that. And if in the Northeast green mile area, they get another .04 for that.
    Some people like the way they run, and others hate it.
    As I have said on here many times. Not allot of long loads. They are short to medium haul.
    Allot of drop and hook, and since we went to e-logs in Feb, allot more swapping of loads.
    Plan to pickup and deliver at least 1 load per day.
    Allot of my loads I will deliver in the AM. Pick up in the AM at next shipper. And deliver that load the next morning.
    Most loads do not have allot of extra time on them.
    If they do, then the load goes to a yard if possible, to get delivered later.

If you have a good dispatcher you will get ok miles for the pay. You will not see 3000 mile weeks often, or ever.
    2200-2500 is good. And when you are getting paid a good bit more than at most other company's, it evens out.
    So you will make about the same money, for less work. You will probably not make more money at Heartland than at other company's. But you will not work as much either.

5. 2009GMC

Jan 19, 2011
    Alabama
    Thanks Chromedome. I'm trying to decide between Heartland and a local company who says they get home every 7 days or so but they only pay .30 a mile. The local company runs a lot of PA OH KY IL. I don't see many Heartland trucks around here parked for the weekend so it makes me wonder if they could get me home on a regular basis. The high percentage of D&H sounds good Heartland too.

6. Freshenstein

Freshenstein Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'm looking at this also. I live in Ft. Myers Florida and they're hiring in my area for a regional position. Some of the old posts are making me leery but I may not have much of a choice.

7. Jake225

Jake225 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2011
    port richey, fl
    I have given up this idea. Just happened to meet another conway truckload driver out of South Carolina that jumped to Heartland for the same reasons you and I want to...to be home more often and stay close to home.
    He said he never got enough miles, his checks always running around $300!! I believe he said his biggest was $500..and the "home 3 out of 4 weekends" thing is home long enough for a 34 hour reset..

Best of luck to ya if you go ahead with it and please. keep in touch and let me know your experiences w/ Heartland.

For now, I'm sticking w/ Conway Truckload.

8. 2009GMC

Jan 19, 2011
    Alabama
    Well I put in an application on the 23rd and I haven't heard anything from them. Any idea how long it takes for them to process it?

9. 2009GMC

Jan 19, 2011
    Alabama
    Any new info on Heartland? Are they better than Knight or Schneider?

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I have never worked for Knight or Schneider.
    The only thing I can say is that those are both training company's. Heartland is not. They only hire experianced drivers.
    They will not lead you by the hand, and they expect you to know what you are doing from day 1.

11. kaptsbaby

kaptsbaby Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Fort White, Florida
    Kaptkirk is a system driver living in North Florida, and is home every 2 weeks(most of the time) He chooses to stay out when frieght is running heavy and then it's every 3 weeks.
    He was hired pre 2008(when pay changed) so he makes .49 mile + extra for hazmat and bonus. he averages 2300-2500 miles, some weeks better than other. We tried regional out of Jax, only way to make money regional was to stay out longer, made more sense if he was going to stay out, go system better pay.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.