Anyone sue TQL? Looking for an attorney to sue TQL

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by TeamPlatinum, Nov 7, 2017.

1. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    It's a satisfying idea... But I'm pretty sure he would have to individually sue each shipper he ran loads for through TQL. You think about that one moment, I think about the lawyers invoice and all the headaches and time wasted this would entail.

OP wants his money as quickly and easily as possible. Filing on their bond is the next step in the process to making that happen. The NEXT step is to hire a lawyer. That lawyer will be wanting to sue TQL not the customers, because TQL is directly responsible and massive enough to be good for the money.

KB3MMX and TeamPlatinum Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Print off "Warrent in Debt" from the courts website.
    Fill it out and pay roughly $56 but make sure you check the box to get that money back when the shipper loses.

Signed clean BOL no contest in court for judgement. No lawyers needed if less than $5000.

4. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Hahaha... @6wheeler Me likey likey

I learnt something today. Wooohoooo!!!

Question: What if TQL wants to move the case to another state? I would have in my RC (or any other document), a clause that any summons or warrant in debt shall be processed in a VA court. (just a thought)

5. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    Not sure I understand the question.

Real simple. Broker does not want to pay. Send demand letter to shipper for payment. If you don't receive payment take it to your local court.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I looked at the VA's version of Warrant of Debt.

There's a section that allows the debtor (shipper) to file a motion to move the case to a different court (jurisdiction) ---- in the scenario where the shipper is not in the same state. What do you do? How do you get the upper hand in not being tripped up by the section listed below. (just curious...lol)

Say Shipper is in Ohio, and they request to move the case to Akron, OH (main office), and say the plaintiff files in VA. That would throw a monkey wrench to the plaintiff case.

(I might be overthinking it)

The section reads:
    OBJECTION TO VENUE: To the Defendant(s): If you believe that Plaintiff(s) should have filed this suit in a different city or county, you may file a written request to have the case moved for trial to the general district court of that city or county.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  7. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    Its a request to file for a different court. A judge signs off the request. I think its called a quash or something.

KB3MMX and TeamPlatinum Thank this.
  8. TeamPlatinum

TeamPlatinum Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Receiver accepted product. The argument is that due to it being late and time sensitive, the receiver had to order more product ( coincidentally at a cost of $33,000 exactly) due to this late delivery. That's the "official" story TQL told me.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  9. TeamPlatinum

TeamPlatinum Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate all of your input!

10. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Doesnt' pass the sniff test. I have to wonder if the TQL agent promised a delivery and never updated his customer on the fact that, y'know, the blizzard shut *everyone* down at that time, and nobody was going anywhere, and in so doing lost himself a customer. I remember it pretty well, because I had a consignee get huffy with me over the phone as I updated them on the situation. I remember this because I invited them to go out to his location and pick up the machine in question himself, if he really wanted it so badly that he wanted my guy to move when nobody else was.

Thoughts, @boredsocial?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  11. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Those kinds of claims are VERY hard to make stick. Particularly if the product wasn't damaged in any way. Most of the time (as I understand it) a customer can't hit you for a line down situation without having you sign a contract to that effect.

I also don’t think it’s appropriate to just assume the OP is telling the whole story. As presented it is open and shut, and just giving him the benefit of the doubt isn’t really fair. I’m far from a TQL fan, but it’s important to note that accusations this serious are just accusations.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.