Anyone Thinking Of Signing A Lease Purchase Must Read This!

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by 3MillionMiles, Jun 17, 2017.

1. 3MillionMiles

3MillionMiles Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wanderer1

Wanderer1 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    Good link info post.

4. TheRipper

TheRipper Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    While I agree that a lease purchase is, in most cases, a bad idea....this article is about the companies at the ports and their illegal activity.

Though lease purchase still sucks, most big companies do it legally and a driver can make it work.

fargonaz and Riffman Thank this.
  5. Wanderer1

Wanderer1 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    LA ports have always been/caused a problem.

6. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I'm sorry, I read as far as this and stopped reading.

How dare a company expect a person who is leasing a truck from them to also expect the lease/purchaser to pay for their own fuel and insurance.

7. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Light Load Member

If i may,please.Theres that word again -FORCED.Why?In all the trucking forums-all you read is-I was forced,They forced me,They force you to bla bla bla.Now youngin's-dont get your panties in a roar,but i must ask what is up w/this young generation(in general) n in the truck driving career?It makes me sad to see that there is so much negativity about the trucking profession.That negativity has the opportunity to scare off potential drivers.Sad.I started driving in the 80's-there was megas,lease's,unions,low pay,slow trucks,fast trucks,crappy lanes etc.
    I (we) didnt have the wealth of information back then,compared to today.I learned by word of mouth,the cb also just by taking a shot.All the failures that i went thru wasnt Forced by anyone.I made my own choice.I leased once,for 3 yrs-it worked for me.Exactly what i wanted it to do-i learned the lanes,customers and contacts---thats what i needed n thats when i then bought my first truck.
    Did i lose money-sure-i didnt want that truck after i put 350k more miles on it.I walked away-i used it as a tool.I moved across country to where the work was.I didnt expect it to be 5 miles from my home.
    With all the info out there,there's no reason a man or woman cant make a rational decision on whether to lease a truck or not.
    Now certain situations are just far out there-say youre re-married,have 5 kids,house payment,car payment all of a sudden your gonna lease a truck and be gone(on the road)-chances are your not gonna make it-your not gonna fail-you just have to much overhead for that situation.
    Some will blame it on the lack of miles,e logs,sitting and wait times,truck payment,fuel----------they will blame everything n everyone BUT THEMSELVES!
    Because they were Forced.
    The only that should be Forced-is to read the frigin contract.
    Ive read many a happy 1st-2nd time lease purchase operators right here on this forum.Moglar wont agree-but they certainly are do able,it's another avenue,another opportunity that us as Americans have.

Quick note-here in Ecuador- drivers run for 30 days-home for 4-5-then back out for 30.No truckstops.No DOT.No 7-11's.No coffee stops.Trucks in really bad shape,no shoes left,bald tires.NO LEASE PURCHASE OPPORTUNITIES.Pay is 800.00 to 1,000.00$ dollars a MONTH!

8. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    So basically, some uneducated immigrants got taken advantage of, tell me something new.

9. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    OMFG, REALLY?? I had no idea every single lease purchase deal could be judged by cherry picking a worst case situation. Thank you so much for the insightful, fully researched, and well documented report on the entire industry... Translated for those that don't get sarcasm: Yet another moronic thread attempting to smear and ridicule based on opinion and a couple of shady companies.

IMO a large percentage of companies doing port work are the criminal dregs of the industry. I'm not surprised at all by what's in the article. Whats even more criminal is how the governments of the states involved as well as the Feds haven't stepped in any serious manner. Money pays off the authorities. Attention that should be focused on the true outlaws of the industry is put on random roadside inspections and "safety blitz" BS.

Yeah it sucks that these guys are getting screwed but in the end they are doing it to themselves.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  10. 3MillionMiles

3MillionMiles Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2017
    purchase deals for most over road carriers is even worse in most cases because the lease used trucks that have had minimal maintenance and when they lease them to drivers the trucks start needing lots of expensive maintenance and repairs because of high mileage. When the lease is up and if the drivers completes the lease the truck is worth almost nothing,,

11. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Name of company you're referring to, please.

Frank

MysticHZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.