Anyone want a corvette???

Discussion in 'Other News' started by drvrtech77, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    They had a ZL-1 about a year or 18 months ago that wasn't over top expensive. Like mid $60's.

That's the only thing I've seen in our area.

I wouldn't step down to a Slopar.

BennysPennys Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    screw that...that is down right price gouging.

i wouldn't mind the deposit, on a MSRP priced vette, but IF chevrolet cannot deliver to me as per the contract, a delivery date and ON TIME..??

then they own ME a REFUND......so i can restock my wallet.

price gouging dealers will get the buyers if they are that desperate to buy, but the normal consumer will not be suckered into it.

D.Tibbitt, mjd4277, Opus and 2 others Thank this.
  4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Do You have the Brembo brake upgrade? I think the SS’s may have been standard with it. Had to replace ours at around 65,000 mi. $1800 for pads and rotors for our 2014 SS2. Sitting at 105,000 total on car with the second set of Pirelli Pzero’s. My wife actually got 52,000 out of the first Oe TPC spec set. The replacement set is wearing far better. She baby’s this car but it is the only one she drives so lots of miles. Her record so far is 350,000 on her ‘81 Firebird. She put almost 100,000 on her restored ‘74 super beetle before we bought the SS.

5. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    That’s what we did in the late 70s with Chevy Vegas. Only they didn’t cost 5k for the entire finished car, and they smoked many muscle cars down the line.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Yes Brembo's.

SmallPackage Thanks this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This is right up there with people shelling out $78-$80K for the Ford Bronco!
    Sorry,but for 1/8th of the price I could get a decent used Jeep Cherokee XJ or Wrangler TJ with proven mechanicals and still have money for upgrades and it won’t be visiting the shop constantly for recalls.
    Plus the roofs don’t leak!

8. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I wonder if they are gonna offer it in that beautiful battleship grey color everyone is now buying. I would love to spend tons of money on a car that looks like a 1970’s-80’s high school car in grey Krylon rattle can primer

9. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    A slowpar? Guess your one of them that is brand loyal. Me I liked some from each brand and didn’t like all from any. Had so many different cars I honestly lost track of how many but the one thing that stands out is the only cars I owned that never lost a street race were Mopars!

I just saw one of these new vets as I exited the luvs truck stop today. When I got to the light there was a red one with Massachusetts plates on it right in front of me. It didn’t really do anything for me and not sure if it only cost 5 grand I would be interested in it. A Challenger with all wheel drive, and a stick shift might peek my interest even if it were only a v-6.
    I really don’t have a need for a fair weather driver that would only get me speeding tickets no matter the price.
    If I feel the need for speed I will go out to the barn, put my old drag bike on the trailer and head to the track for a few runs. Haven’t had the urge to go racing anything in years so I don’t see that happening. But I do understand your desire I was young and dumb once myself.

Hopefully those who still feel the urge to play make it threw. We berried many family and friends because of those fast cars and bikes over the years, it can be a dangerous game!

10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Vega? Really?
    Pretty cool car except for the engine.

11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I hate that new trend of drab, flat colours. So blah. Its like there's just no depth or dimension to the paint at all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.