Anyone who wants to drive for JCT plz read thanks

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by runningonempty, Jun 3, 2008.

1. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    im going back on the road with them on 11/18 been pretty successful with my last lease

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. awiseman

awiseman Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Fort worth, TX
    they have posted the 2013 t660 on there website as available equipment but with no specs. whats the smith test all about?

4. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    They must have updated it since you saw it. It show it to have a PACCAR mx, 10 speed, super-singles. Decent looking truck, but they're still buying them as fleet spec'd trucks instead of o/o spec. I imagine that the payment will be close to $700/wk for it (if not slightly North of there) not including dp.

5. awiseman

awiseman Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Fort worth, TX
    Yep you where close, $660 + $148dp ouch! No apu.

6. Trafficcontrolxl

Trafficcontrolxl Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    Yes these or at least this lease programs are worth it. There are many success stories around here.

7. sc00ter

sc00ter Medium Load Member

Lol, if you work at a Walmart DC, then you would know about trucks being held over (for whatever reason), delayed, etc. Shippers and receivers all expect miracles for on-time arrivals but could care less what happens after arrival (ie delays) which causes issues down the road. Oh, by the way, try delaying a Walmart truck and see what happens! I guess they have clout...

8. sc00ter

sc00ter Medium Load Member

Dang you, flightwatch, and your bug on the screen!! Very clever, hehehe! Now, to find some place to fix my screen (I smacked it too hard...)

9. Trafficcontrolxl

Trafficcontrolxl Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    Iowa 80 truck show is this week. Anybody near Walcott Ia swing by and say hello. I have a loaner truck (cascadia) and my stainless show trailer entered. Unfortunately my Coronado show class truck was clipped Monday!!!! Nonetheless swing by and visit, be safe out there.
    Terry

10. florida iceman

florida iceman Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Saint Augustine, FL
    (The following is written by floridaiceman's wife) Working for JCT -- the trucks they offered my group of leasers was really not good. I got a cramped, old, crappy truck that got horrible gas mileage. The seat was so bad I had to duck tape a small pillow on the back so my back didn't ache all day. And there was a lot of waiting. Waiting to get loaded. Waiting to get unloaded. Worst of all, waiting for a pre-plan. And strangely, even tho I made less money per mile at Trans Am, I made less here. Far less. In fact, I basically paid them to work here. Most difficult 6 months in a long while. Still trying to get things back on an even keel. Barely buying groceries. Oh, and they charged me for bogus stuff when I turned my truck in. Frustrating to work so hard and still not make a living.

11. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

One bad story among the good ones. Proof that there is is no perfection in trucking companies.

Trafficcontrolxl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.