Anyone who wants to drive for JCT plz read thanks

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by runningonempty, Jun 3, 2008.

1. runningonempty

runningonempty Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    Like PawPaw said, JCT does get late model trucks and we do have an excellent service area. Mr. Christner allows you too keep these tractors up to speed so if you need to get the tractor fixed you can get it fixed right when you need to at any truckstop that does servicing. The maintenance fund covers it. Mr. Christner puts out no junk. You asked anyone about JCT even O/O about JCT and they will tell you that we are a topnotched company. We have late model trucks. Our Freightshaker is a 2007 and when my hubby needs to move it moves. Mr. Christner also has 2008's in. The trucks are governed at 75 mph. We are just using this truck temporarily until we can get our International. Remember when you get the title of that truck that truck is yours whether you stay with JCT or not. Even if you stay with JCT you can take that truck to a car lot and trade it in for a brand new truck of your choice. But like I said, Mr. Christner makes sure his tractors are in top notched shape. Mr. Christner has the following types of trucks: Freightshakers, Peterbilts, Internationals, Volvos, Kenworths, and yesterday we saw a Western Star. Mr. Christner himself said his truckers are his main priority and he wants to see us happy, and by God he does. I am extremely proud my hubby is driving with JCT. You do the research like I did on the internet and you will see for yourself JCT is number one. He also said, "The seat I'm sitting in behind my desk is the kind of seats I want in my trucks so my drivers are comfortable." And that's it in a nutshell.
    :yes2557:
    Running

tommy36years, Stryker7 and Papa Bob Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    For the 2007 Freight we have now our truck payments are $1,840.00 a month which is $460.00 a week. But remember it depends on the year of the truck. If you get a 2008 I'm sure it's going to be at least $2000.00 a month. Take care.

Running

4. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    Everything is exactly the same as long as you stay with JCT. The only is difference is you own your truck so there is no more truck payments. You still get fuel surcharge and maintenance everything as you did before. Take care.

Running

baseballswthrt Thanks this.
  5. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Since I am an OOIDA member, I decided to call them for information on JCT. Of course the first thing out of her mouth is, "OOIDA strongly discourages anyone to do a lease purchase with anyone." Then she says they have had four claims against JCT. One was a driver who swapped trucks and was being charged for repairs on the first truck and felt he should not have to pay. Well, it was determined he had to pay. They had a claim the first of the year from a driver who said his contract called for him to be paid $0.93/mile and he was paid $0.90. OOIDA closed the claim because the driver never submitted the documentation (I assume he got it straightened out with JCT). There was a claim for non-payment of $2300+ from February of this year where JCT paid what was determined was owed. I believe she said this was an escrow account issue. The other claim was for $160.00 but she didn't go into details. She then said, "Looks like we have had a lot of claims against them." I stated that 4 out of the hundreds of drivers who have driven for them and for all the years they have been in business, it didn't sound to me like there were a lot of claims. Again, she reiterated OOIDA's discouragement of lease purchasing. So I said that for some of us that is the only way we can move to owner operator, especially with today's tight credit market. She came back with a comment about company drivers making more to which I shared the numbers from drivers I have talked to who are netting in excess of $1K per week where as a company driver you would be lucky to net $700. It is interesting that OOIDA has no problem taking dues money from all these individuals who are in lease programs but they don't want you to do it. I had a similar discussion with them regarding Prime. When I pointed out some of the errors in their argument the man finally admitted that, "Maybe we just have an attitude towards these programs."If it weren't for the Corporate Lodging Card I have that gives great hotel discounts which I got through them, I might consider cancelling my membership. They want people to buy trucks to become o/o but their loan program stinks from what I have seen. If they were so interested in people buying rather than leasing they would have a better plan. Just my two cents for today, which would probably only buy me two drops of fuel.

6. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    First, I am in total agreement with you 100%. I would please like you to visit this website. And here is the website:
    . This is the Three Diamond Leasing website that JCT is in charge of. If you can't get it that way just go to Google.com and put in the keywords Three Diamond Leasing. If you look right under URL it will say Sales. You will see the amount of Mr. Christner's sales are a year. It ranges between $10 million and $50 million a year. I would love to tell OOIDA if Mr. Christner did not have a decent leasing plan, how could someone get their sales that high in a year. I don't know exactly when it happened it was some time ago, one of Mr. Christner's drivers got into a very serious accident killing someone. Mr. Christner was honest and settled it out of court and paid the family of the deceased $11 million for the settlement. I would love to tell OOIDA they are full of it if they even think that Mr. Christner's lease program is bull hockey. I personally know 2 of his drivers by name where one owns 2 of his trucks and is on his third and another owns one and is on his second. Mr. Christner is only helping these men to sublease these trucks so these men can make extra money and run their own little trucking company while still driving for JCT. As far as your escrow goes, that is automatically deducted out of your paycheck. That probably why it was dropped because that driver knew he had no claim to start with. As far as that driver claiming he was suppose to be getting $0.93 cpm is totally bogus. He knew he was wrong from jump street. This is how it was explained to Ed and I. You get $0.92 cpm. The way it works is it's $0.90 cpm for the mileage, $0.02 cpm for the gas so that makes it $0.92 cpm and then you get your fuel surcharge which right now is $0.57 cpm. So right now we're getting paid $1.49 cpm. And say the fuel surcharge goes up or down, they make the adjustments on the following paycheck. So the bottom line of it, OOIDA is full of it as far as Mr. Christner is concerned. And your right about another thing. I know personally a company driver who ran 2,500 miles. He only got $700.00 dollars. Ed and I ran 2,500 miles and we got paid $1,844.00. So gee OOIDA I have no idea what so ever why I wouldn't lease from Mr. Christner. Maybe it's the paycheck difference of $1,144.00 more in our pocket that might of cohersed me to do it? You know PawPaw, what are these people thinking? I would like to reiterate one thing you said. Credit is darn tight on anything big you want to buy and these lease programs are the only way to get our foot into the door of becoming O/O's. With anything you want to buy big now a days requires an act of congress. Shoot just to buy a home now you need 600 points if not better to acquire the mortgage. Just to rest anyone's mind. Mr. Christner is a very upholding citizen. He donates to the diabetes fund. Any O/O out here will tell you you work for JCT that is one of the top notched companies out here. To heck with the OOIDA on that one. I can guarantee they mess with Mr. Christner, and all his drivers will be standing right behind him for support and to help him. Even when they become O/O's from buying their trucks from Mr. Christner, they still stay with him. Like you said 4 claims aren't nothing out of the 25 years he's been in the industry. He himself still drives. We had the pleasure of meeting one of Mr. Christner's first drivers Houston Smith. You'll see his picture hanging up in the office. He's been driving for Mr. Christner now for 19 years. Mr. Christner used to be his dispatch at another company before Mr. Christner started JCT. And the staff is A-1. I would definitely come to JCT if I was you. To me they're number one. And that's from doing research on the web. So my 2 cents, to heck with the OOIDA. Unless they actually been in our shoes, they should keep their mouths shut. Btw we just got our permanent DM and he all ready gave us our very first load assignment for 2,365 miles. Sweeeet!! And hubby's solo too! Well now you know a little background on JCT I hoped it help. Take care PawPaw and be safe out there.

Running (Sue)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
    damonarnold816 Thanks this.
  7. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Bobtail Member

May 30, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Do you know if they run Florida much-do you need to live in a certain area to work for them?

8. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    No you don't need to live in a certain area to work for them. And yes solo drivers do make runs to Florida. I am not sure about how much though. They do do a lot of running to CA and AZ though.

Running

9. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    I have talked to a number of drivers they love this Co. and very happy with the lease program. Thanks for the info it was a great post and I'm glad to hear your hubby is doing so well.

Have a great day :)

6pak

10. wizard4x4

wizard4x4 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Wyoming IL.
    It is a good company but to explain it is .90cents pm and .02 centspm safety and fuel bonus.My average net pay is 1350.00 a week some weeks are better than others.You pay a side note for the first year of your lease for the truck an if you have an apu put on after your 90 days becuase that is how long you have to wait if it doesnt have one on it then you will pay another side note on that as well.I all depends on how you run your truck on how much you make.I run an 07 Pete 379 and get an avg of 6.0 mpg but I also run 65 mph and have a n apu so less than 1% idle time.If you are willing to run and work hard it is a good company but if you are looking to just get a truck dont bother you wont make it.Also if you and your dm cant get along or you cant get them to help with your ? you can go right up your chain of command all the way up to John himself.

11. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I put in an application for JCT earlier today. I hope for the best.

Oh. And OOIDA's not getting one red cent of my money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.