Anyone willing to give me a chance?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by thisdude157, Apr 12, 2013.

1. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Ok Not really a problem.

2000 I was fired for I refuse to break the Law (DUI Medication) Out of work 7 years. Traveled to the Philippines 3 times and lived there for 10 months the 3rd time. Philippines has Acadia terrorist NPA Terrorist and a Communist terrorist group there. In 2007 every time the Democrats brought up the vote to withdraw troops of Iraq, 13 school teachers or maids, or personal drivers were killed by Acadad Terrorist, Philippine Army flew over my house bombing NPA Terrorist.

I came home in 2007 and went back to work driving truck.

OP will need to go through training but should not be a problem cause he lived in Thailand.

Sorry I can not spell correctly the one Terrorist group but it is the same group we were Fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thisdude157

thisdude157 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    I have contacted schneider. A while ago. right after the first poster that mentioned the company
    advised me to. I'm still waiting to hear from a recruiter.
    I'm not arguing, and this thread is a bit dated now, and Only bringing in the same advice over and over.
    I appreciate that you've all taken your time to post and to give me advice.

I do not have a recent driving history and that's what slams the door in my face with every company so far.
    Scheider, if they do hire folks in my situation, are not responding, so I'm thinking of other things I might do now.
    Thanks again for the advice.
    Cheers

4. thisdude157

Apr 12, 2013
    Yeah, I didnt even bother to comment on that one.
    I don't want to hurt any one's feelings but that did sound off to me.
    I'm working at a bank now, and had to go through a back ground check.
    If there were any issues it would have come up then.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There are several drivers on this forum that have been living in the Orient and are now back in the states driving. Contact Paschall Truck Lines; they might help you. They do some auto parts hauling out of Laredo, but have many other customers all over. I'm going to relocate from Beijing to Las Vegas, but haven't decided when yet. I'm not from Nevada originally, but like the hot weather vs. seasons. Have a child in the first grade in public school in Beijing. I'm really addicted to this very low cost of living. Also, get a TWIC and tanker/hazmat endorsements. You can make avg. annual $65K with a tanker/hazmat job. Get a few months experience with whoever you can now, then move into tanker/hazmat. Also, check with Raider Express in Ft. Worth. Do online applications, because it easy to say "NO" on the phone. Check the "Seeking Employment" and "Trucking Jobs" threads on here and post there also. Carolina Cargo might give you a chance; it's a coast-to-coast team operation. I realize I jumped around a lot on this post, but stay in touch with all of us and maybe we can eventually help. Try the 3 companies I listed and see what happens, then go from there.

You will need a CDL and DOT physical card first though.

6. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    It's only 10 years of history if you've been driving for 10 years. Otherwise it's 3 years.

7. thisdude157

Apr 12, 2013
    I'm going by what every single recruiter and school that I've spoken with has told me.
    The last one I spoke with was last week. and they said that if I had at least 1 year of recent driving history they would consider me if I paid for the
    class myself. But I do not have the recent driving history.
    As far as I can see, this is beating a dead horse.
    I'm not going to be driving truck anytime soon. so I'm just looking at other avenues, Including going back to Thailand for now.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try to contact "passport220" on here. He was in the same situation as you, but driving now. I think he taught English in Thailand also. I think he lives in Dallas now. Put passport220 in the search function.
    Send a Private Message to him.

You know, you can get your CDL on your own without school. It's time consuming, but some do it that way. The job search is harder without school , but some companies will hire you , including a couple on the list I gave you.
    [HR][/HR][​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient

I love Olongapo.

10. thisdude157

Apr 12, 2013
    Thanks mate. I will give those companies a try and I will try to contact passport220.
    BTW, How are the Chinese schools?
    My main and only reason for wanting to bring my son here is the education system in Thailand is
    not up to par. There are only 2 universities in the whole country whos degrees are actually accepted outside of Thailand.
    I love the place, but am really trying to secure my Son's future for him.

Trucking would be a great way for me to reboot my life here, make some cash and still be able to travel back and forth.

I'll try the other companies. Thanks again

11. thisdude157

Apr 12, 2013
    Hey all,
    Quick update. Just got a job offer for Bangkok doing what I'm doing with the bank I'm at now.
    A few more things to sort out before I jump on the plane.
    I'm thinking if I have to wait around for a year of having a driver license, might as well do it with my family.
    I'm hoping it works that way anyway.
    Thanks again to all that provided advice,
    Cheers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.