Anyone working for Bridger now that Ferrell Gas got it?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Isai, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Isai

Isai Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Southeast NM
    Just wanted to know if it is still as bad or is getting better like to give it a try. Since they been advertising a lot here in Hobbs/Carlsbad area. Pay, lease cost, work area, loads per day, and pay again. Like an actual brake down (percentage per load or barrel or however they pay). I know I can call a recruiter but I find it way better to talk to a driver that is actually on the field living it. Thank you in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MattMichigan

MattMichigan Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I've never worked there and never will. My opinion is based on dozens of drivers I've known for years that signed on. Bridger is terrible. I challenge any lease operator to find a more unfavorable contract. Out of hundreds only one driver I am aware of has completed his agreement. Only because he joined when it was still Southern Leasing. He went by Hollywood. Had a Jamaica flag on the back of his cab. Paid off his truck in 3 years. He started in North Dakota. I ran into him in South Texas. I seen him a few times at Oil Tanking in Houston a couple yrs ago. Dunno what happened to him?? Anywho...stay the F away from Bridger. FAR AWAY.

4. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Bridger is a great company with lots of opportunities for you to own your own business go for a buddy who who who

5. 3MillionMiles

3MillionMiles Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Here is Bridger's Story

They only have owner operators and fleet operators.
    they have NO COMPANY DRIVERS.
    All their trucks and trailers are leased purchased (oxymoron it is really a rental)
    At the end of the lease you do not own the truck unless you want to buy it for market value.
    It is the same kind of EXPENSIVE RENTAL THAT PRIME HAS.
    The truck insurance is very expensive too over $1000/mo
    plus you pay a full maintenance fee.
    The trucks are set at 65MPH and RPM is set at 1600 max. Big fleet specs not O/O specs.
    It is one of the worst lease purchase (not a real purchase) deals in trucking
    You can not bring your own truck and lease on.
    Most drivers walk away from the lease, their is no work guarantee.
    An other problem is some Bridger managers have trucks and hire drivers,,they work their trucks first.
    Lease prices start at about $2,500/mo for the tractor and trailer lease prices start for a flat to haul sand boxes start $1,000 and sand trailers or tankers can go over $2,500/mo
    Most that lease on have little driving experience, have never owned a truck before and have little or no previous business experience. They don't even know that they have to pay over 12% of their Social Security Pmts and about 4% for Medicaid too.
    What Bridger is doing is hiring drivers as contractors and they have to pay all the truck and trailer payments.
    If at the end of the lease a driver could own the truck with a $1 buy out it would be a little better but trucks can not be over 5 years old.
    If you go for their Sand Box work you have to run 2 shifts with at lease 2 drivers,
    At orientation they tell you that you are starting your own business,,a business that they call all the shots and a business that they control everything and you pay for it.
    It is the worst lease purchase deal in trucking

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I've heard only the worst of the worst about this place. But I haven't seen a trk of there's since 2015

7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Any company that's trying to earn extra revenue by shifting risk onto drivers is one I wouldn't work for, regardless of the numbers.

edit: Also, considering how rough the lease roads are in that area, I wouldn't want to be financially responsible for the upkeep on a truck & trailer running those roads.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    gdyupgal Thanks this.
  8. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    They are hauling water in south Texas using company drivers I believe.

9. 3MillionMiles

Apr 30, 2017
    bridger has no company drivers paid by bridger, they only have "lease purchase" owner operators with some that hire drivers to drive the trucks they lease (it is never a purchase)

10. 3MillionMiles

Apr 30, 2017
    Bridger has a high driver turn over rate,,many quit with in days of orientation,
    One problem is their fleet lease operators are not very good employers, they promise a lot when they hire drivers to drive the trucks they lease and after hired don't come thru or change the terms of employment,
    Bridger tells drivers hired by their fleet leasers if they have pay disputes or do not get paid by the fleet leasers it is their problem and none of Bridgers business and Bridger is not responsible

11. rawe

rawe Light Load Member

May 29, 2015
    They are hiring water hauler in texas company drivers i post ads on craigslist for my trucks just seen there ad and it was for company drivers. Guess cant get ppl to lease

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.