Anyone worried about Superior Carriers cutting pay?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by TruckerRamosNC, May 31, 2020.

1. TruckerRamosNC

TruckerRamosNC Bobtail Member

May 31, 2020
    Nv

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Reason for edit: Never mind
    G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Because you are new, I'm giving you a heads up.

We don't generally talk about unions and organizing on this forum because those discussions don't end well. Bickering, arguing, politics, and then members get themselves banned.

Let's steer clear of this topic.

cke and REO6205 Thank this.
  4. crazystalin

crazystalin Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    From my understanding and what has been said is that is Superior drivers will stay where we are on pay scale but if you want to try percentage you can. If after few weeks it’s not for you than can go back to per mile pay but only once. That is what I been told. Also from a lawyer friend depending on state law.... when company buys yours they can’t cut pay But you may not get a raise till others catch up to your pay. And after 6 months from selling date it’s almost impossible to cut pay.

just sit back and see what happens over the summer. If not what you like can get another job. Just look at what’s around now to be prepared. Hope all works out for everyone involved. Remember we’re not slaves or servants. We can leave any time we like. I’m waiting to see how all plays out and go from there

5. TruckerRamosNC

TruckerRamosNC Bobtail Member

May 31, 2020
    Can you delete this post? I don’t want to get in trouble at my job

6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    One interview I did lately the guy said he lost his last job because he tried to organize a union. I was speechless.

Sounds like after thinking about it maybe you do value your job so I’d just do it to the best of your ability and volunteer to be a trainer if you care so much.

7. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    If you want to be in a union, apply at ABF. Not worried about pay cuts, will quit if needed. Also will quit if there's no raise again by January. Not worth it being OTR with all that's going on.

8. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I wouldn’t worry about a pay cut too much. From what I gather after it’s all said and done Heniff and Superior are fairly close pay wise.

I look at it this way: In most, maybe all places there is (was?) a Superior terminal, there is also a Heniff terminal. If one company’s drivers were making a great deal more than the other’s, all the drivers would move over to them and the lower paying company wouldn’t be able to keep people. So they have to be fairly close to one another.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    wsyrob Thanks this.
  9. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    With this economy don't hold your breath for a raise.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  10. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Not so much as a cost of living raise two years in a row would be unacceptable, especially now that molotovs are being thrown at us. I'm sure the company will come through as business seems to be going as usual. YMMV.

11. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    We have been much slower in High Point.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.