Applied at Crete. Got "fcra" letter email?

Discussion in 'Crete' started by hazmatt9777, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    I don't think most companies update dac until you are fired, but I could be wrong. Seems to me you are rejected because of the accident, and the no OTR driving experience. Also they could be not hiring because they have too many drivers sitting around with no loads. I'm sure if you try some where else you will get accepted. Just have heard a lot of complaining from CCC and Shafer drivers complaining about miles. Also I'm sure the other OTR jobs will not recognize your local driving as experience and expect to go out with a trainer for a week or 2.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hazmatt9777

hazmatt9777 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I see what you are saying. However, I cannot figure out why they do not count local LTL experience. Im not going to start a pissing match on which takes more skill (driving wise) local or otr because we all know the answer to that. It just doesnt make sense to me. Maybe your right though freight isnt exactly booming this time of year. I was under the impression that these big carriers hired year-round all the time. Just wanted to try something different and get out there and stretch my legs.

4. 900,000-tons-of-steel

900,000-tons-of-steel Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Florida
    Companies want to make sure drivers can stay away from home for long extended periods, one of a few main reasons why new drivers often don't make the cut. That's why most companies require a year or three otr experience.

5. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    I don't, which is it? :)

6. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    It's just another way the industry can keep labor cost low. I also believe it takes skill to do local, and they can probably out drive most otr guys. That's just the way the industry is. If I went local for 4 years. Then I went back OTR. I would start at Rookie pay and probably be put out with a trainer. It doesn't make sense, but nothing in this industry does.

7. plumb50

plumb50 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2012
    mpls mn
    I got the very same letter last week, and I have a past record that is even cleaner than yours. I am a trucking student in Mpls.

8. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    The current company he works for may not report to DAC, or hasn't yet. Big companies like Crete will use the easiest method possible to hire drivers. They have a formula they use, and will only go so far to verify employment, driving record, etc.

If you fall a little outside of the comfort zone, even if the reason is not bad...the recruiter is not going to make an effort to get you hired, it's easier to send out 'the letter', and move on.
    They operate in a shotgun approach. They try to hire as many people as possible who drop into the slots easily. These are not necessarily the best drivers, they just are the easiest for recruiting and safety to hire, quickly.
    A lot of experience does not matter. Experience they can easily document, and UNDERSTAND, matters.

9. 900,000-tons-of-steel

900,000-tons-of-steel Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Florida
    Why is Crete bothering to advertise for new grads if it is not willing to hire them without experience it can document?

10. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    There may nothing wrong with his experience or record, he just didn't fall neatly into the slots they have established. Maybe it was too time consuming to process him?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.