APPROVED SCHOOLS IN GEORGIA?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by TIMEWEASEL, Jul 12, 2019.

1. TIMEWEASEL

TIMEWEASEL Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2008
    CLEVELAND, GA
    Thanks yankatank. I'm northeast in the Cleveland/Sautee/Helen area so Morrow will be the closest for me. Who's the terminal manager there if any of you Ga guys know? I'm going to the beach next week so I think I'll have time to make a few phone calls.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    We have a terminal in Augusta as well. In fact david123abc posting above is a dispatcher there now.

TIMEWEASEL Thanks this.
  4. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    I believe the terminal manager in Morrow's name is Kevin? Not 'for sure'. I have met the terminal manager 1 time, 3 years ago, and he was nice...like me, looks ALOT younger than his age! haha I'd say it's a 'safe bet' to just call Morrow and ask to speak with the terminal manager. If he isn't there, maybe the Operations Manager is and can help you out. I do know, in HP, if you need 'higher up help' and our TM isn't available, call his 'right hand man/woman' OM...and he/she helps you out. That is, if dispatch isn't available...yada, yada. haha Once again, good luck!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    TIMEWEASEL Thanks this.
  5. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    oh and I totally forgot about Augusta terminal. guess I don't get to those much, within the past year or more. This getting old thing is starting to suck! lol

TIMEWEASEL Thanks this.
  6. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Terminal manager in Morrow's name is Lance. He's a nice guy, give him a call and he'll be able to give you all the info you need.

Alternatively, Greer is about 20 miles difference from Cleveland, and you wouldn't have to drive through Atlanta to get there. You may have to call the corporate number and talk to someone to pull that string though.

yankatank and TIMEWEASEL Thank this.
  7. TIMEWEASEL

Dec 23, 2008
    CLEVELAND, GA
    Thats actually a really good idea. I just checked and Morrow is 106 miles from the house and Greer is 118. Time-wise both are right around 2 hours. I'll let you guys know when I figure it all out. Thanks!

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    well, I'm sure they both use the same schools for where you live....then again, hope it's not a school closer to their terminals.

9. TIMEWEASEL

Dec 23, 2008
    CLEVELAND, GA
    Hey Superior Folk, just a quick update from me to let you know where I'm at now. I've called recruiting a time or 2 and haven't heard back from the lady. She sounds like a really nice lady on the message. I emailed Lance in Morrow and didn't hear back from him. Could've went in his spam folder I suppose. Last night I emailed Vaughn Pitts at the Greer terminal and got a reply back from him this morning. He said Athens Tech is the school they hire out of and even gave me the name and contact info of the guy who runs the program. Billy Byrd is his name. So I guess my next step is to check into becoming an Athens Tech student and go to school to get my cdl I already have. At some point I'm gonna have to quit this automotive business I'm so tired of as well. I'll keep you all updated on when classes start and all that good stuff. And by all means keep posting your adventures. I really enjoy every thread from all of you. You are all a great bunch of guys and gals. I'm a little worried about the potential "sale" thing too but I'm just gonna hope for the best. Thanks again everybody!

10. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    For future reference to anyone, I got on with Superior by going to a community/technical college. It was a 10 week course. I had my endorsements and TWIC card right after I finished school. I called the terminal manager on the phone and got the job.

11. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Pretty much exactly what I did 12 years ago. The entry level program was new at the time and the school called the company. Jack M (VP of Training at the time) and my terminal manager came to the school and took me and another driver out to lunch.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.