Are CB Radios still used to day?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Hammer, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Homeboy

Homeboy Light Load Member

May 5, 2006
    touchin' em all
    I feel the decline may be more a result of newer generations of "drivers" entering the industry and bringing with them different attitudes and lower standards of professionalism. Just listen, if you can, to what is said out there today. Disgusting, at best. There has been mentioned the "night drivers", and they are much more likely to carry on a decent conversation than the aforementioned "solar powered" driver. All of the rambo's and super truckers make it difficult to enjoy the c.b. as it was 20 years ago. It has been said that there are no "professionals" out here anymore. Although that is an extreme statement, I have found it to be mostly true.

Character may be defined by what you say and do when no one is looking.
    Unfortunately, too many don't care if anyone is looking or not, and there, I feel, lies the problem. Unless we start to teach and take pride in what we do, no one else will either, and the downward spiral of today's driver's image will continue.

Just my two cents worth, and its not worth that ! Have a great day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gazoo

Gazoo Resident Mental Patient

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
  4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    My CB has the nice button on it that keeps noise coming from it unless I want to know what is going on. I rarely talk on it unless I am running with others.

My preference is audio books and sat radio. I only listen to FM radio about once a month.

5. goobboy

goobboy Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Amazingly I think it has more to do with that blasted CFE disease from the cell phone. I almost get in a accident EVERYDAY I am out due to either a four wheeler or a driver who decides chatting with the wife, girlfriend, kids, whatever the case may be is tons more important then watching WTH he is doing in the rear view. Thank god I still keep my handy little VOX tape recorder close by to note time, date, company, and truck and/or trailer number of the moron who done it. Then I make a nice call into the company when I get to the nearest safe place.

What does CFE stand for you wander ?
    CaliFlower Ear <<< thats what most of them looks like what they have with that thing sticking out

6. white dove

white dove Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2007
    KY Good Ole USA
    They are still used but i surely wouldn't want one of my kids to listen to it. When i drive i keep it on for information purposes. to find out about construction, traffic, accidents etc. I will let other drivers know the same information if i run across something. Being a female, boy i can say that alot of the time i just have to ignore what is being said. I miss the days of the professional drivers using it for good conversation and for the reasons i posted in the begining.

AtticusRoad Thanks this.
  7. geezer

geezer Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Roy, Utah
    Why do truckers talk like "truckers" over the CB?

8. Gazoo

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
    Not all of them do.

9. goobboy

goobboy Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2007
    why do cars figure it is needed to go fast around you just to get off the exit that was 50' in front of them to which they almost caused an accident ?

hghtruck Thanks this.
  10. Gazoo

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
    Why do cars choose to take their time when merging on the highway?
    I think many of them don't know the meaning of the word Yield.

11. SSgTom

SSgTom Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Coxsackie,NY
    They certainly don't know the meaning of "accelerate".

And then there are the ones who STOP in the acceleration lane...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.