Are germs and diseases running rampant at truckstops ??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BlueThunderr, May 2, 2019.

1. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    The only time I ever got anything remotely resembling food poisoning in the last 5-6 years of trucking was the one and only time I ate a sit down meal at a mom and pop or independent truck stop. Named after the king of the wild frontier I believe.
    Big chains - fast food outlets have a bit more to lose if they make people sick, and it'll probably be in the headlines. But I'm not going to eat from the TA or Petro buffet either.

D.Tibbitt and motocross25 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    That’s a new one.
    A dollar bill

D.Tibbitt and jammer910Z Thank this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Truckers are the cleanest people on earth, they surpass doctors and operating rooms.

5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I myself got sick. Heard many other outsiders do also. That is visiting Vandenburg AFB. Something there is different in the air. Outsiders get sick. Have to build an immunity to whatever it is.
    Heard from an elementary school teacher. She had her kids wash their hands often. She had much less sickness in her class. Compared with rest of school.
    My company puts only new mattresses in trucks. Only plastic wrapped ones. They’ve thrown away new mattresses, two weeks old. The driver quit.
    Have some airborne with you. It works.

6. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Jeez, I must be flirting with death. I'm getting ready to go in and shower. I'm not going to wear any flip flops or use any hand sanitizer to open doors. I'm also going to use the truck stop provided towels—hopefully they don't have too much butt fungus on them.

7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Is it happening? Absolutely! Why else are they called "lot lizards"

8. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    35 yrs OTR, no shower shoes, ate in T/S, opened doors without clorox wipes, didn't sanitize my truck surfaces daily, short sleeved shirt and a vest in the winter in Minn. (I live in NC).

only times I got sick ,( which was rare),was when I let myself get worn down from not sleeping enough, stressed out, or not eating properly.

those that say germs are good for are correct.

retired in Jan and got sick as a dog in March,lol. go figure.

9. al_huryn

al_huryn Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Lemme see, I got food poisoning from Dennys in Barstow. Have walked away from numerous buffets when seeing a guy walk out of a bathroom stall and straight to the buffets in question without washing hands. Always wear shower shoes, sounds like ringworm on the foot btw. I have not used a truckstop towel for anything other than floor cover, after watching the person cleaning them pick up towels from the floor and put them straight into the dryer without washing them. That was many years ago I witnessed that. Too many other disgusting things to remember and list over the years really.

faux_maestro and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I went into a pilot rest room to wash my hands after fueling and wipe my face. A guy came out of the stall from taking a dump straight to Wendy’s. That’s what your dealing with. I went to Wendy’s saw him and turned around.

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes, spray everything with Lysol, even your food.

one thing that NO ONE ever thinks about, are the salt, pepper shakers and ketsup bottles at the tables or counter....ever notice how grimey looking they are.>??

either wear rubber gloves, or a full body condom....and never leave the lysol at home, or in the truck......!!!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.