Are germs and diseases running rampant at truckstops ??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BlueThunderr, May 2, 2019.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Just remember a couple a things, your trainer is going to be used to having other people in the truck with him, it's only going to be awkward for you, and probably only for a day or two.

Just stick to your bedding and one large duffle bag of stuff. Any thing you bring with you is probably going to have to be stored up on the top bunk with you where you will also sleep when the truck isn't moving.

My trainer had a quirk of storing his pee behind his driver's seat. He wouldn't throw out his jugs. He'd just fill up new jugs and add them to his collection.

Wear boots around truck stops or closed shoes at least. And pack a pair of shower shoes. I got only got in the shower a couple of times with out them when I forgot them but really wanted to shower due to it being so long since my last one.

I used to brush my teeth in bathrooms but now I just brush where ever I am parked and spit out the window and wash it away with a bottle of water. And don't throw away empty jugs you might need them.

stylez80Nine and faux_maestro Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stylez80Nine

stylez80Nine Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2018
    DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT THROW AWAY THOSE JUGS THEY COME IN HANDY

TravR1 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    How did we go from:
    Germs and diseases in truck stops.
    To:
    Collecting jugs?
    :dontknow:

tscottme Thanks this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Unlike 20 years ago, when I was last OTR, I never get a knock on the door any more. I think I've had 1 in the last 2 years, during the daytime, and that was a woman asking for a donation. While the truck stops are not cleaner than the past, I don't see prostitutes like was very common before I returned to OTR. 20 years ago if you were parked and sitting in the driver seat it was only a matter of time before someone came over to ask for money, offer sex, offer something else for sale. I've parked at the Petro in Gary, IN a few times and not even there do I get a knock on the door.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That would be a improvement then. I celebrate that.

7. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    You gotta watch out for skin infections. Boils/staph and athletes foot/ ringworm are easy to catch and will tax your immune system. Combined with poor diet, poor sleep, lack of exercise and stress and you are going to be vulnerable to catching colds and other stuff.
    Your skin is supposed to protect you from these things but any microscopic scratch will allow staph to take hold. Dont scratch yourself with the sandpaper towels provided by truckstops. Shower shoes are probably a good idea to prevent athletes foot, but more importantly make sure your feet are dry before putting on your socks and boots.
    Look at the mop water they are using to clean shower stalls. Its usually black. Think that bathroom floor is disinfected? Ive seen attendants using soiled towels to wipe down shower stall sinks and floors so often Im fairly sure thats official policy at Flying J/ Pilot. Think all of these places are using the correct water temp and proper detergent when washing towels? Judging by how everything else at some of these places are managed and staffed I can guarantee they do not give a single f---. Do you want to dry your face with the half washed towel Bubba dried his half washed ### crack with an hour earlier?

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.