Are pastures Really greener?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bertita1986, Feb 20, 2018.

1. bertita1986

bertita1986 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2017
    I'm about to complete a year on the road with a medium sized company I heard good things about on this website. I average about $850-900 per week net.

Problems are planning and dispatch incompetent, maintenance department unhelpful jerks that never like hearing about problems, management is not accessible, and doesn't seem to care.

Just looking for something that will keep me moving, and spare me the BS. I don't want to do reefer. I am willing to relocate but don't care for the NE.

I know folks like chinatown always post a laundry list of "good" companies that he's never worked for.

What other resources besides this website and asking drivers at the fuel Island can I use to really understand the experience before taking a leap?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Sounds like decent money.

If you’re not happy with the advice given here, why the heck are you asking for more? Sounds like someone needs to put on their big boy britches and figure it out for themselves.

Lastly, not every company is a good fit for every driver. Time to find your own way driver.

And no, pastures aren’t always greener. If they are greener, it can be because they are fertilized with BS.

austinmike, 91B20H8, taodnt and 10 others Thank this.
  4. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    Where do you live and what type of trucking are you interested in doing?

5. bertita1986

bertita1986 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2017
    I guess I'm mostly interested in running between Seattle and Los Angeles, since I'm from the west coast. Dry van. I guess I'll do some more searching on here, but I've really read a lot of posts on here.

It sounds like the problems I have are just problems at all companies.

homeskillet and Badmon Thank this.
  6. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    I'm not familiar particularly with companies that just run those lanes but I would recommend finding a company that has 100-300 trucks as in my experience that is big enough to get you good runs but still small enough that you are not just a number. Best wishes!

7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    This entire site is nothing but posts. :)

austinmike, Dan.S and jammer910Z Thank this.
  8. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Dang, no wonder I couldn't find the chinese food menu.....

9. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    You must keep your ears open the best jobs dont have to put adds in the books at T/stops, you may hear of a few hi paying jobs from other drivers or friends

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    go to any truckstop, get a bunch of those free magazines, tear out all the recruiting ads, paste them on the side of your trailer, and throw darts. the one that actually stabs thru the trailer wall, call them and go to work for them.

it's basically a crap shoot. what is a great company to me, will be a sucky one to you.

all the advice in the world, cannot guarantee you a great outcome, great fit for all.

best of luck.

mitrucker Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    [​IMG]

IluvCATS, Trucker61016 and Puppage Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.