Are plug in inverter types enough to power an Xbox one and TV?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by ThisisMeUsee, May 27, 2018.

1. ThisisMeUsee

ThisisMeUsee Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2018
    How do I work these things and able to play for 1-2 hours (which is all I will have when running hard). The company I am looking at doesn't allow inverters wired to battery so I don't know what to do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Well, I doubt.
    My 150 watt plug in inverter barely powers up my printer, and I only used it few times when my main inverter was dead.
    But anyway, a cigarette lighter plug can supply up to 180 watt, so if the device needs less, and inverter has adequate power it shoud work in theory.

4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    My little 150 watt plug into the cigarret lighter wont power my 20" box fan more then a couple hours but my big one will power all day plus.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    That makes no sense, it doesn't matter in the size of the inverter, a fan doesn't take a lot of current so it draws the same power no matter what the inverter is used.

To the op, read a book..

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    It [the smaller inverter] is probably reaching a temperature threshold safety cutoff point, from being taxed 100% continuously

nowright Thanks this.
  7. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Go buy a larger inverter that has ends on the wires like jumper cables. Jump out, hook it up and do what you want. Just don't forget to unhook it. And store it under your dirty clothes when you have to go to a terminal. Did that for a few years (even @ TMC where they are known for searching through your personal stuff). Was never found. Even with my PS3 sitting in plain sight screaming at them that there was something against the rules going on. Nobody ever found my inverter. Or, at least never said they did.

nowright Thanks this.
  8. Atlanta trucker

Jan 25, 2017

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. Atlanta trucker

Jan 25, 2017
    Thats what i thought ? I awoke the night i plugged in my box fan to the small 150 watt inverter. The fan was barely turning and making a strange noise. I unplugged and then plugged it into my regular big inverter and worked perfectly no trouble.

10. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Wal-Mart sells a 400 watt plug in for about $40 that works really well.

It should do the trick for you.

It has a current draw chirp that lets you know you're near capacity if the truck is not idling that's pretty annoying, but I've used it for years.

Schumacher is the brand name.

You can buy an extended 2yr warranty on it for like $6, also.

MrEd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.