Are there any Australian truckers on the board?

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by Ken Worth, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Donk

Donk Have a Cup Of Concrete

Apr 27, 2008

have you seen our new log book? they require klms to be recorded for the day, as in when you stop and such.

combine that, with the cams and such, well its not hard to get pinned.

i ave a friends who knew all the tricks with the cams.. but got caught out when they turned on the weight pads in the roads at all the cams.

you can do it, im not saying its impossible, but the odds of being caught are too high now.

i dont Drive a truck, i own my truck. i am aware of the constraints they have lumped on us, and in all honesty, it will be the death knell of nots o/o.. now, if its not dock/dock, the book is against you and you would be lucky to be close to legal....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

friggin wanker aussie's must be out chasing them roo's and koula bears......

i wanna hear more about yer screwy coloring book

4. Donk

Apr 27, 2008
    dunno what a koula bear is, but i will find the link to the rules and PM them to you.

Dingokid Thanks this.
  5. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

man they sure bent you guys over didnt they?

im not even sure where to begin to make that thing work...........

6. Donk

Apr 27, 2008
    yes, they did.. BUT, i am hopeful of only needing to work with it for a short time longer ;)

7. kiwibloke

kiwibloke Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2008
    What have they done? changed?? can you let us know what the link is good to keep up is it for aussie wide or just mexico??????

8. Donk

Apr 27, 2008
    its aus wide..

go to the vicroads website, and look up the national driver fatigue reforms or the NTC website..

9. kiwibloke

kiwibloke Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2008
    thanks for that I will check it out what are you running at the moment?

10. Donk

Apr 27, 2008
    im running anything i can get.. sittin on local grocery delivery atm, seems thats where the $ and work is, cause its dead out there

11. Dingokid

Dingokid Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Perth Western Australia
    Yep think that I qualify been here along long long time. Hey I taught guys to operate a Steelbro side loader ( ???? ok check out the their web site ) in Burbank CA 3 years ago for California Container Lifters. Tried checking out how they are traveling now, but web site and Peter Clarke's cell number no more. we operated out of an office in Burbank with the truck's parked in a studio truck lot next to Bob Hope airport, did a lot of studio moves for Fox, Universal, etc. Did a big lift with R&R Trucking out of Jopin Mis can't remember the other companies but all was flat bed work chaining 20' and 40' steel containers to the trailers. If anyone knows what happened to CCL and can drop me a line I'd be might obliged.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.