Are there any good OTR companies out there? "Really"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by billsgirl, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    A few things I have found different from paid by the mile to paid by the hour. First and biggest to me is that my company doesn't want me sitting, getting free money. I give the shipper or receiver 30 minutes to load or unload. After that I call dispatch, and dock works seem to get moving very fast, or I move on to the next stop. Second, I have no stress being stuck in traffic, just call it in and I'm good to go. I'm one of those few drivers that doesn't mind going into NYC. For NYC loads I pull a 40 foot trailer with a daycab. Third, I do not have to service my truck at all. It cost the company to much money to have me fuel and service the truck. Every night they have a mechanic service all the trucks. I have my tanks full every morning.

Mark

billsgirl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BillJ72

BillJ72 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Charlotte,North Carolina
    Billsgirl
    I am sorry but every post here I have read you are not very psoitive at all you post nothing but negative, maybe you and your man need to evaluate your career choice an dpic anther because the one your in now is not the best one by trhe sounds of it. I just think trucking is not your best choice, mean no harm and not trying to put you down just an opinion.

4. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    BillJ72, most people do not do any real research on a career in trucking. They are told what to expect by a trucking school looking for money, or a company recruiter that will say just about anything to get them in a truck. On a side note, until the internet became popular, how did you do any research about the industry?

I did the research and still had a lot that is not learned until you do the job. 90% of the trucking industry is a bulls**t game. Are there good companies out there yes, they are few and far between. They have no need to advertise, word of mouth is all they need.

Mark

5. 1pissedoffdriver

1pissedoffdriver Account Retired at members request

Oct 3, 2008
    KC/NY
    I think that is unfair to say about her and him...

She is just speaking up for what is right...why down her for that...

IN MY OPINION SHE HAS GUTS TO STAND AND FIGHT AGAINST A BROKEN SYSTEM THAT THRIVES ON WORK-AHOLISM,TERRIBLE PAY AND CRAPPY WORKING CONDITIONS....NOT TO MENTION BREAKING EVERY LABOR LAW SET DOWN IN THIS COUNTRY.....ETC,ETC,ETC

IF WE HAD MORE PEOPLE LIKE HER AND GET RID OF THESE CLOWNS WHO JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE IT UP THERE YING YANG,THE INDUSTRY WOULD BE LIKE THE OLD INDUSTRY WAS YEARS AGO...SOLID AND GOOD....

BUT WE HAVE WHAT I REFER TO AS "THE DO-GOODER CROWD" THE PARANOID SKITZ CROWD,THE NEW DRIVER FULL OF TOTAL FEAR AND SCARED TO DEALTH AND PUTS UP WITH ALL KINDS OF ABUSE AND LIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS.YES SIR,NO SIR,YES MAAM,I WILL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT EVEN AT THE COST OF LOSING MY BUSINESS AND FAMILY....WHY? BECAUSE I AM A DO GOODER.AND I WILL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT SO I DO NOT LOSE MY C.D.L. BECAUSE I AM A FREIGHTENED CHILD WITH NO SENCE OF MY OWN RIGHTS AND MY OWN OPINIONS.

A REGULAR COMPANY CORPARATE #### SUCKER...

SO LEAVE HER ALONE.SHE HAS A RIGHT TO HER OWN FEELINGS AND SHE HAS A RIGHT TO DEFEND WHAT SHE FEELS IS UNJUST AND UNFAIR..

BUT MOST OF ALL WHY DO DRIVERS CONDEMM ANYONE THAT HAS A NEGATIVE OPINION AGAINST THIS BROKEN SYSTEM AND THIS SLAVE MILL CALLED TRUCKING...WHY?

Faber, Bucktrucker, xxpigxx and 2 others Thank this.
  6. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    You are right. They are negative. I have no reason to be any other way. Besides, do you take the time to read the title of the threads you are making comments on? I honestly wish I had more positive feedback to give but I am being honest. As far as a career choice, that is the problem. We thought this was a good career move. We had no reason to think otherwise. But through the experiences we have had with two OTR companies, I dont want to hear anything about "paying your dues" because we need to "pay our bills" and we could not. PS We have chosen to make a career move. NO MORE OTR companies.

YAY!!!!!! Someone else living in reality, not fantasy land. You call it like you see it. Thank you 1pissedoffdriver!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
  7. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Glad you found something that makes you happy and pay the bills! OTR isnt for everyone.:biggrin_25525:

8. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Bend over and enjoy it.

9. jwalker

jwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

10. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    I especially "love" the twin TA's in Ontario CA:biggrin_25512:

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Spent the night there once and the earth shook.

billsgirl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.