Are there any lease trainers here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by duckdiver, Aug 5, 2018.

1. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    So I'm a company driver in food service, make over 2k a week (over 100k a year) however I only net 2300 every check which is biweekly and pay about 3k a month in federal taxes. Its literally like working my ### over for free every other week.

My tax guy said I need to start a business or something along those lines since I have nothing I can itemize or deduct.

I drove for prime as a company driver in the past and was interested in going back as a trainer but on the lease side, I train at my current company and enjoy it.

Can lease trainers share their numbers and tell me if it's worth it? You guys can PM if you dont want to post here, thnx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. #wishfulthinking

#wishfulthinking Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Central Iowa
    Did you get any responses to this? I'm curious about the answer to this as well. I don't currently drive for Prime, but have friends that do and they are always trying to get me to go with Prime.

4. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    I just posted it lol. I have a friend who teams with his girl at prime they lease and he says on average they net 1500 a week after expenses and taxes. He says he talked to some trainers and they supposedly net 2k a week after everything but I rather hear it directly from a lease trainer

#wishfulthinking Thanks this.
  5. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    What numbers you need? It is different from truck to truck from week to week. Officially Prime standard is that average solo 1300$ per week lease, trainer 2500$ per week lease. It is not steady, one week you can make 4000 as trainer the following can go down to 2500.
    Based on your numbers, Prime will be a better place for you to work, you will make more at prime than at your current emplyer.Go for it, you will be fine, Prime is a good company overall.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  6. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Are you a lease trainer at prime? Is it ok if I PM you

7. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    So I tried all day to call and talk to any recruiter, I think my old recruiter is on leave/ not answering his emails. I'm surprised a company this big I was unable to get a hold of anyone directly the entire day. They used to be super good about this stuff, maybe they have a skeleton crew today?

8. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Why not look into investing in something that will provide passive income if you want to run a business. Think rental homes, carwash ect. Then you can have your writeoffs and build wealth.

polo king 92, dwells40 and duckdiver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.