Are there any reputable Flatbed companies offering company sponsored training???

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Johnnb, Jul 4, 2007.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

You made a good choice! It will depend. I got out of load securement training on a friday. Saturday is a paid day off and I went out with a trainer on Sunday for 5 days, but am a former driver. If you have to wait they will put you in the barn. So you will be making money while you are waiting on a trainer. Good luck! Keep me posted on how it goes!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigorangefan9999

bigorangefan9999 Light Load Member

May 27, 2007
    Thanks I will. Is the home time what they say it is. Ever weekend or so.

4. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

98% of the time. (US Div) I have not missed home yet on the weekend. If you do not get home a note pops on your fleet manager's screen to get you home next weekend. CSR's book your loads. That way there is no favortism on loads. All the CSR knows is that there is a empty maverick trailer needing loaded.

5. bigorangefan9999

bigorangefan9999 Light Load Member

May 27, 2007
    Thanks is home time for the 34hour restart or does it depend on your Monday load to the receiver.

6. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

Depends on where you del on monday. They want you there to deliver @10 am monday so you can get off to a good week. I got in Friday @ 4 pm will leave sunday afternoon. That is the way it is most weeks for me. One weekend I got in on Sat, but did not deliver till tues, so I left mon.

7. stevedb28

stevedb28 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2007
    that whole restart depends on a lot of factors. Yes you are right though, the whole idea of weekends at home is primarily to get your 34 hr restart from the house. This week I got home Friday evening and will leave out Sunday (today) around 3 pm. Last week, I got home Saturday around noon and left out Sunday around 6 pm. You arent guaranteed a reset, but will get one usually. My favorite saying is: there is black and white, then there is the gray area, weekends are a huge gray area at Maverick.
    If you only have to drive 10 miles to arrive at consignee, you leave out Monday morning. If you still have 500 miles to drive you leave out Sunday, but if you got home Sat. around noon, well, its a short weekend for you. Hope that gives more in depth understanding as to how it works.

8. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

Thats alot of trucks for sale. :biggrin_2554:

9. CaptRon

CaptRon Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2007
    America
    Weird question but when you go out with a trainer is it a condo unit or do you run like a team? I was just wondering where 2 people sleep in a midroof. Thanks for the answer........

10. gman

gman Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    Do you know of a website for this company? I can't find it aywhere on Google.

11. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    Word on the streets is they are going down quick. 9 company drivers quit 2 weeks back, 3 o/o's quit shortly after. This week 5 company drivers quit. They only have about 25-30 trucks. Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that is still a O/O with them. He's looking to leave there in a few weeks himself, so I would have to say go with TMC or Maverick man.
    I hate to send a new hand out to a sinking ship.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.