Are there any TMC driving living in michigan

Discussion in 'TMC' started by michiganmaddman, May 30, 2008.

1. michiganmaddman

michiganmaddman Bobtail Member

May 26, 2008
    Chesterfield, Michigan
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DFR

DFR Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    So is Grand Rapids a good MI spot to be in?

So far, Watkins/Shepard and Millis said I'm out of their hiring range. Watkins nearest terminal is in Romulus, so I can understand that. Millis, however, wanted me to be on or south of I-94. Seems kinda nitty over 40 miles, but whatever. The Millis lady I talked to did seem like they may be willing to make an exception when I said I wasn't that concerned with getting home that often, though.

Schneider surprised me by saying they are not currently hiring in MI.

Anyway, I'm kinda glad that's the case after finding out about TMC's equipment and pay. Plus, as one who lifts on a regular basis, I actually kinda like the idea of getting some blood flowing through the work involved with running flatbed. (I'm sure I'll be shaking my head at that statement when confronted with the reality of it.)

4. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    TMC doesn't hire north of 96 in Michigan not many companies do because of lack of freight in that area too hard to get drivers home.

5. DFR

DFR Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    96 or 94? 96 runs right through here.

6. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    Hey, sorry i haven't had much time to get on the computer lately. You shouldn't have a problem being recruited from that area that you live in. If you give me a few days i can get ahold of a direct number for one of the recruiters, that is if you're still interested. You can also PM me your information and i can have a recruiter call you if that's easier.

Let me know.

7. LightBulb

LightBulb Light Load Member

Bright future ahead of you I do not see young sky walker.

8. wilsor

wilsor Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Lawrence, KS
    The TMC website states that you are guaranteed 46/52 weekends at home if you are in the area on the map. Since we aren't paying for anything my guess is that the guarantee is just a promise, right? Or do they do something spectacular for you if they fail to meet the "guarantee"? Looks like a winner though for a newbie from what I have read.

9. White boy 68

White boy 68 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2016
    What's going on this is white boy and Sharon for a dairy company for one year in Michigan and almost signed the contract a what's going on this is white boy intro for a dairy company for one year in Michigan and almost signed the contract went to TMC they found a suspension in Florida so I had to take care of that but I end up going back to Florida and driving OTR for loan went to TMC they found a suspension in Florida so I had to take care of that but I end up going back to Florida and driving OTR 4 myself now and don't know if I'm going to stay with my boss or not I'm looking into TMC again

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.