Are there companies that help an O/O set up their authority?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Roman78, Aug 21, 2021.

1. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    @staceydude is correct. Yes I paid OOIDA to do mine but, after realizing(and I knew beforehand) that its just filling paperwork out online I would've done it myself.

I paid OOIDA to do my ky,nm,or,and ny credentials because I thought it be difficult. I did 3 of the 4 this morning. Took about 30 minutes tops after NY sent me my online credentials.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    No shame in that. Just trying to give an alternative.

I did use them for NY and NM and did Kentucky on my own. It took me awhile and a few looks at Oregon and then called the State of Oregon and that ended up being the easiest of all. Super nice lady on the phone who walked me through the entire thing at no cost. Well, Kentucky was easy as well. The NY and NM had me baffled lol. I am not saying I did not cuss a little bit filling out DOT paperwork because I think the government makes everything twice as hard as it should be lol. But when I was done I realized it was not that difficult.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  4. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I haven't tried Oregon and probably won't because my understanding is there is a $2000 bond I would have to pay upfront(correct me if im wrong). Ill just get a temporary trip permit if I ever venture that far. I hadn't been up there in about 12 years anyhow....

staceydude Thanks this.
  5. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Yes if you do a full yearly thing Or go there enough times it can be a $2k bond or something like that.

but even if you go there once you have to be registered and have a username and pin for Oregon trucking online in order to get your temporary online.

I forgot how many times you can go in a year before they want a bond. Either 10 or 15. I don’t see myself going often but I will probably do a trip there soon just for the scenery.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  6. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yea I think its 10 times...

staceydude Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.