are they going to raise the cargo/liability to like $4 million?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Shotgun94, Sep 15, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I think 5 million.

WHen you take out a church van and throw bodies of children across three lanes of active interstate to get smashed horribly 5 million does not begin to pay the private home health care for them. At 500 dollars salary per day for three shifts of them. And thats just a start. You will certainly bring in doctors, medicines for their shattered minds and all sorts of other issues across the board for the bairns. Almost makes you want to commit suicide after something so horrible. (Note I said almost... as in the dark abyss of feelings even the most craven greedy company boss must feel...)

I hit a kid once we were both on bikes, physics was in my favor and he got slammed to the blacktop Busted his skull in the ear area and brain, blood etc came out along with important fluids. Local hospital had to chopper flight him to Trauma in Baltimore to patch him up with a variety of very expensive exotic machines. Then sent him home to essentially lie in a sufficient medicine haze to be unable to do anything for 4 months day and night while attended.

I dont know whatever his fate was but the family moved out of the area as soon they were told the boy had a clean health bill. As far as the accident was concerned there were 20 of us together and I was it when he ran into me. Its too bad I was so big it hurt him really bad. Could have been criminal if the Lawman did not get told that its a pure accident. We were all children then. (None of us rode bikes much after that in that area)

I carry a one million civil in this state among several other policies for a variety of situations. USCCA comes to mind as one example. Ive been quietly beefing up insurance across the board and cancelling those that don't pay anything medically such as Dental. Its all cash baby. Dentist wants to do about 8000 in retail work, two dental insurances only pay a total of 1900. The rest of the bill is my problem. At those eyepopping figures you might as well fly to Tulsa and have implants installed pernamently at 16000 total.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    What ever they raise it to, will just increase what the cleanup costs are for an accident. I know when a fuel tanker up here wrecks and spills, the clean up crew will keep equipment there for months sometimes, till the bill gets to be all the insurance will pay.

Intothesunset and Tug Toy Thank this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    It's been in the talks for a few years now.

Personally, I think the idea outta just be smacked out of gooberments thinking.

I don't see it sitting pretty for the industry. For owners and drivers.

5. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    1mill for non hazmat 5mill for hazmat I've thought?

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    That's the standard right now.

When the talk first started few years back. They wanted to raise it to 4.8 mill for non haz. I think it was 20 mill for haz.

7. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    $750,000 min, $5 mil hazmat exact gasoline, that's $1 mil. (It's falls under the oil category)

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.