Are They Real People?

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by double_clutch, Aug 10, 2010.

1. misc

misc Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2010
    I chatted with the husband while we were both waiting to load at the General Mills plant in Great Falls, MT. The blog is very real.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZyxSNOWMANxyZ

ZyxSNOWMANxyZ Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Fontana,CA
    most likely real.......but maybe a robot who knows:biggrin_2556:

4. Capt_Gruuvy

Capt_Gruuvy Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Middle of the Desert
    They seem real to me.

I submitted my app via Internet late last night and early this morning Roxy was on my phone.

Here is the one thing that she said that tipped the scales in their favor:

"We will do ALL the paperwork and background checks BEFORE we bring here for orientation".

BOOM ... Big Win on that ...

How many horror stories have I heard of someone having to pony up bus fare to get home after being kicked out of Orientation for some paperwork nonsense or the other ?

Knowing that when I get there "it's is all business" is so relieving to me you may have no idea. I would hate to get there, get booted and then have to travel home onmy own dime. How defeating.

Roxy says it's just another detail on my app and then I would imagine I'm in the home stretch for orientation.

Hope it stays all positive.

5. chralb

chralb Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Where the truck is
    Oh trust me, they are VERY real and VERY nice to the drivers. You will get EVERY chance to prove yourself and they'll help you all the way!

6. Hobotruckers

Hobotruckers Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Denver, co
    A blog reader alerted us to this post and as I just updated the blog with this info., I am here to tell you that we are real. I am sitting in the
    passenger seat in our new watkins Shepard truck, 1938...well new to us anyway! My name is Melissa and I team with my husband Jeff. We started with Watkins Shepard this past January fresh out of Sage trucking school in Henderson, CO. We chose W/S for the same reasons that have been posted. Everybody in Missoula is friendly and honest. They know who you are, not just a truck number. They have taken great care of us. We run 5000 to 7000 miles a week and if there is ever anything wrong with our truck they fix it. Tell your friend if he has any questions about w/s or trucking or the blog to shoot us an email. My iPhone is always on and as long as At&T cooperates we will receive it day or night.

7. Znine

Znine Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Spokane, wa
    Welcome Hobo! You might of made a good mistake because you will now be hooked to TTR.:biggrin_2559:

Hobotruckers Thanks this.
  8. Capt_Gruuvy

Capt_Gruuvy Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Middle of the Desert
    Now I think they are robots.

I was very close to getting on with them but at the very last minute they said "no". I could not have provided more paperwork, better references or anything of the sort. I find it very frustrating that after 3 weeks of providing everything that was asked for they came back with some bogus remark.

I have no bad habits, references that go back past 25 years, 18 years of verifiable employment and absolutely no ciminal history and not one ticket.

I was accepted by 3 other carriers and now I will move forward with one of them but it makes me a little crazy because I "preferred" W/S and put everyone else aside to make this opportunity happen.

I'm not angry, just disappointed. I wanted to be at a smaller carrier where I could drive, learn and get my experience. I wanted to be a Driver, not a number.

9. thelastamericanhippy

thelastamericanhippy Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    jacksonville, fl
    So...............

what IS the reason..............

You Must know !!!!!!!!!!

10. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

+1

American Trucker

11. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    WHY? 3 of us would like to know now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.