Are they serious?

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by Crusty, Apr 26, 2012.

1. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Crusty, I've run a few UPS and FedEx loads, and yeah they do suck. Run like all get out show up, run like all get out to deliver. I hate'em, but when your under forced dispatch what can you do? Turn down too much freight, and you'll find yourself out of a job.

And getting a job when you're experienced is not as easy these days. Larger carriers want students to burn out, and the good smaller carriers don't hire as often because they're drivers stick around.

Hope everything works out for you, and welcome back to the wonderful world of trucking...such as it is.

Crusty Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crusty

Crusty <b>Just Plain Crusty</b>

May 29, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Hey brsims. Thanks for input. No, I won't turn any loads down. If it's gotta go; it's gotta go. If the co. don't make money; I don't make money. I'll just do my computation and let them know if it's gonna be tight. Of course they probably know that already. I guess it will depend on what kind of relationship I have with my disp.

Yeah, burnout. Looking back I remember almost staying in a state of panic on those 'hot loads'. I have learned very simply; just don't waste time. Work efficiently as possible. The truck is only going to go so fast. I try to keep a good supply of snacks and use rest areas for quick breaks. And by all means stay away from truck stops except for fuel.

4. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    Have they made you a newbietrainer yet Crusty?

5. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Oh man, that is horrible.

6. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    i havent been with ss in around 3 yrs but the ups and/or time sensitive runs are the best ones, if you show yourself to be reliable youll have all the miles youll ever need. larry denhof is the manager for that stuff. furthermore they wont harass you about idle time once you "prove yourself" at least thats how i saw it..i had 100% idle, if i was in the trk i had power and hvac unless i wanted it off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.