Are you allowed to have a gun in your truck?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Gandrews1967, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    ARE YOU ALLOWED? Thats not up to the employer regardless of their policy. keep it concealed and dont show it off or tell anyone. kind of a silly question if you ask me. Do you have a concealed carry license? If yes, Than keep it concealed and noone is supposed to know about it. Pull it out when your life is in imminent danger and use it. OR do you really care if the company found out you had a gun because you killed someone that was gonna kill you. At that point, you would be dead anyhow if you followed company policy and jobless. SO no, i have never followed any company policy in all my years whether they had a firearms policy or not.

ProfessionalNoticer and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    What's more important, your job or your life. 99..9 percent of the time you won't need it..but you never know...

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  4. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    How are you VERY pro 2nd amendment then. You are just plain pro 2nd amendment brother

supergreatguy Thanks this.
  5. Waterman_99

Waterman_99 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    If you're travelling through any northeast states, the west coast, or Illinois, I wouldn't even bother having a firearm. Let's say you're parked in NY for the night, and have to shoot a bad guy trying to break into your truck. You're gonna wind up being arrested by the gestapo and thrown in the slammer bc you illegally used a firearm in a godforsaken commie state, even though what you did was to save your life.

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Wrong. In some states yes, but in most states, no. But you better know the gun laws of the states you travel through and keep up with them as they are always changing.

JoeyJunk, Grumppy and Don379 Thank this.
  7. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    lmao, where did you come up with this? something you saw on cnn? legal citizens carry locked and loaded ready to fire in there trucks or car. such a silly comment

8. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I understand the point you're trying to make but legally, your statement is incorrect. I wont say in all states, but in all the states that I know about, if a business (your company) has a policy of no firearms allowed on their property (their truck etc) & you are aware of the policy... you have been warned & you can be arrested for simple trespass if you bring a firearm onto/into their property (including their truck). If you refuse to remove the firearm from their property, you can be arrested for criminal trespass. I will reiterate, many states have adopted that law. Its no different than a business posting a sign on their property, front door or any place around their property. If they have notices posted stating no firearms (again, including your company truck) you can be arrested.

Even if you have a CCP......

Sirscrapntruckalot and Don379 Thank this.
  9. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    Pistol on my hip (concealed) and a Remington 870 in between mattress and mattress frame loaded with 50/50 buck and slugs. Fixed blade hanging on my air horn handle, axe behind passenger seat, 2.5lb hammer under driver seat, small crowbar left of driver seat, flare gun in cubby, soon to get a 9mm carbine to fit in backpack. I like to have options. Also 8 years Thai boxing.

all it takes is for that ONE time you’re not prepared to make your family miss you forever. We as truckers are in dark places at dangerous hours, rules don’t apply to us regarding protection imo.

Don379, TripleSix, Pamela1990 and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Deleted.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    REO6205 and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  11. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I play this question extremely close to vest. Even with good friends and good trucker buds.

Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. Go #### yourself.

That said, in almost 9 years of being in a truck stop across the country I have never felt unsafe to the point that I carried.

And I say that as dude who once backed a meat load into a grocer DC in Detroit with armed guards holding the street for me.

As all things in life. Your mileage will vary.

unloader

TripleSix and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.