Are you embarassed to be a truck driver

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by duckdiver, May 10, 2012.

1. Going Long

Going Long Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Maryland
    That's a hell of a thing to admit..why?

The hard work not enough to prove you're making a contribution?
    You're letting yourself be judged by people who have never had to work hard in their life,maybe sitting around crying about how much they owe for student loans is something to be proud of.

I've made more money then most of the guys I went to school with,they went on to college,I went in the Military and yet I have a steady job when things get tough.

Unreal..no pride in what you do,guess it's just something to pass the time and bring home a check.

Do us all a favor and check out and into something you can whine about with the rest of the liberals.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UltimateTrucker

UltimateTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    The standpoint you come from would tell me that the girl is only a gold digger. Looking for a man to take care of her because she is too STUPID to make enough money to take care of herself. There is a name for women like that.
    No man wants a woman who is only trying to see what she can get from him. That is a ##### mentality.

4. Gizmo_Man

Gizmo_Man Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hardly around
    In a word.

YES.

But I've been doing it for 25 years now.

And I can think of other jobs that are "bottom of the barrel", like a lawyer, politician, an "on the take" cop, judge.

-MadMax- Thanks this.
  5. The Bird

The Bird Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    White Rock, NM
    Embarrassed?? Hardly. I take greater pride in being a truck driver than any other profession I've had; including soldier and land surveyor.

6. -MadMax-

-MadMax- Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I agree 1k% with the statement about crooked cops, lawyers, and dirty judges. The ABSOLUTE WORSE in man kind. I prefer common street criminals to the former. Don't get me started, grrrr

7. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I am not a truck driver. I am a truck manager. I have to make sure the truck stays loaded at a profit. I have to make sure the truck has enough cash flow to keep operating. I have to make sure my truck is maintained in the proper manner. I have to make sure the truck is complince with dot.I wish all i had to do was drive a truck!!!!!!!!!!

Dorsey Thanks this.
  8. UltimateTrucker

UltimateTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Nice answer. How are things in Glasgow, Kentucky? I used to go through there a lot to visit relatives in Burkesville. I'm originally from Louisville.

9. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Thank you, Chompi. My son is 18 and pretty self-sufficient. We talked about this when I started 2 years ago and he told me "Mom, you can do whatever you set your mind to and I support you 100%". I'm usually out 3.5 - 4 weeks and he handles the home front.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. PowerOfSolitude

PowerOfSolitude Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2012
    If women weren't a concern, how do you think you'd feel about trucking? Do you think you'd enjoy it for what it is?

11. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    THANK GOD my profession is "not very hipster". The last thing I ever want to be identified as is hipster. I regard that as a dirty word, and strive to be the very opposite. Nothing more disgusting than a fallen hipster looking down their nose at me while begging for my spare change at a truck stop parking lot on the way to Seattle. :biggrin_2559: Funny thing is, the younger generation would regard that fallen hipster as cool. You know how I know Im on the right road? The younger generation thinks my job aint cool. :biggrin_25514:

I can hold my head high as I work hard for a living. I do what most folks only dream about. Oh hell, every year at family reunion I get mobbed by fellow family members wanting to know "where you been". I go places they can only dream about. Those so called Professionals envy me in their beat the clock lives. I do my very best Johnny Cash impersonation, and say "I been every where man"

Last year, for the first time I ever. I took my truck with me to family reunion. I guarantee you, EVERY SINGLE family member there climbed up in the cab to check it out. Must have been 100 people there that day, and I dont think I ever saw the door closed on my truck all day. I even had to kick one of my old aunts out of the truck before I could leave. Shes 78 years old. She had the bunk heater fired up and was sawing logs in the sleeper.

Oh yeah, and I aint never had any problem getting a good woman to want me hanging around. Maybe it has nothing to do with truckers, maybe its just you

Im comfortable in my skin TYVM :biggrin_255:

Honch Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.