Army Vet starting TDI monday.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rookievet13, Feb 17, 2018.

1. rookievet13

rookievet13 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Clarksville, TN
    Hello all. First I would like to say that all the experienced truckers have givin me alot to think about.

I will be starting TDI in Murfreesboro on monday. What would be a good starter company? I am an Army Vet with 11 yrs as an 88M. Or short for truck driver in army terms.

@Chinatown I live in Clarksville, TN and would like to know wbo would be a good starter company with possiable 9/11 Apprenticeship. Not a have to but figure it would help while getting the first year out of the way.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'm from Robertson County; born & raised about 50 miles from the front gate at Ft. Campbell.
    Schneider Bulk - tankers is a good place to get started. @19d went there to use his VA Apprenticeship. Can make between $1000 - $1500 weekly there.
    Melton Truck Lines - flatbed
    Contract Freighters - www.cfidrive.com - dry van
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'd try for Schneider Bulk as a first choice.
    [​IMG]

crazyrob79 Thanks this.
  4. rookievet13

Feb 6, 2018
    Clarksville, TN
    thanks china. thats who i was leaning to just sounds better comin from someone that i always see trying to help everyone out.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. crazyrob79

crazyrob79 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I have applied to CFI myself and decided to go to TDI in tupelo MS and use Post 911 GI Bill to pay for it and CFI has military apprenticeship program paying upto $1,035

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. crazyrob79

Sep 26, 2015
    how did you like TDI and are you with Schneider now actually I applied with them but have decided to go with CFI out of Joplin, MO and I plan on going to TDI Tupelo, MS and using GI Bill

7. rookievet13

Feb 6, 2018
    Clarksville, TN
    I went to TDI out of Christiana, TN. It was a good school. I ended up driving for Schwerman out of KY. Working on getting my GI Bill Apprenticeship paperwork done.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I worked for Schwerman for 5 years in Nashville. What do you haul in Kentucky?
    I was OTR coast to coast hauling liquid and dry bulk.

9. crazyrob79

Sep 26, 2015
    ok cool Im Navy vet served 7 yrs 4 yrs on USS HARRY S. TRUMAN CVN-75 carrier homeport Norfolk, VA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.