Arrow Trucking Need Info..

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by jessejames, Sep 25, 2007.

1. good4hay

good4hay Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2008
    trion ga
    what is the bottom line for home time with arrow OTR. i live in Ga.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gandalf49

gandalf49 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Honey Grove, TX
    After working for Arrow for the last 4 years, I have seen the worst and the best of times here with Arrow..

As to the $10mil, it was to split off heavy haul into its own company which never came to pass, never know what happened to it either..

Arrow is still slow paying repair bills because they only budget so much money per day and if you are below the cutoff line you sit waiting for them to pay bill because if you are under a load, you go to the top of the list knocking an empty driver done the list..

As a regional driver out of Dallas, I am a name not a number in Laredo, Houston or Dallas, they all know me when I get there as I will not ##### about a load they give me. I am paid 26% of 95% of the linehaul revenue which means I sometimes get very good paying loads and then you get some bad paying loads too. It all depends on the freight charge and how many deadhead miles you get between loads. Also deadhead is paid at $.34 a mile after the first 200 miles..

As to going to Tulsa, avoid it at all costs but as a Dallas regional don't have to do that walk around #### either so it is a lot better for me. Also aoid Tulsa for shop work if at all possible as it can take a long time to get into shop and get your truck fixed, use Dallas for small repairs, Cibe is a fantastic mechanic for what Arrow allows him to do and use Laredo for getting PM's done, usually only sit for a day or 2 because of long lines waiting to get PM's in Laredo, also do easy repairs there.

From what I hear about DM's is there are good ones and bad ones, they will make or break you at Arrow, also your terminal manager can really influence how your career at Arrow is as mine is really good and as long as you are truthful to her and treat her with respect, she gives you the same treatment and will protect a good driver.

I think I answered most of the questions I remembered, but don't e afraid to ask any more..

4. gandalf49

gandalf49 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Honey Grove, TX
    Oh and about hometime, this year has been the worst for getting home because of low freight amounts. But when driving for Arrow learn their good customers, their good routes and try to keep on your DM to keep you from sitting in a no load area for days.

Drivers usually hiding in terminals are regional drivers and don't want to take the loads being offered because the return load sucks for the rate and probably in the wrong direction so the crybabies won't be home on the weekend..

5. NGa mountain man

NGa mountain man Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    I just left arrow after 3 months,first time I was out it took 9 weeks to get me home.
    The second time I was home after 5 weeks,or so they can get you home,and I live in Ga.The whole problem was that I never got near 2500 miles.
    And if they get you to Texas,be prepared to sit,especially Houston.
    I would never have left if I could support my family,but couldn't afford 300. pay checks,and knowing it will get worse with winter coming.
    If you do go to Arrow,just hope you don't get Don,I've heard Jim is much better.
    I don't have anything bad to say reallythey treated me o.k. I left purely for financial reasons,and there are alot of good people working there,I just hope they can weather the storm.
    Good Luck

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  6. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I highly recommend you stay away from Arrow. They are having huge issues paying bills, take several DAYS to get a repair done that should take a couple hours, do not maintain their equipment.......

Here is a post from someone recently at another board:

7. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    That's retarded. That tow bill was huge.

8. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Yep, probably more than a local towing up to Tulsa. I'm guessing that they couldn't get anyone to give them credit to get it towed.

9. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Haha no. No credit on heavy tows unless it's going to a shop I've dealt with before and they tack it on the repair bill.

10. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

Overall, a pretty sad state of affairs. I truly hope they get it together and get back on track, fix/update their equipment and return to being a real flatbed player. Right now, they are like the "ghetto" of flatbedding.

11. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Firing 90% of the office staff and management would fix it right up. They'll go bankrupt first out of pure arrogance, though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.