Arrow Trucking Need Info..

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by jessejames, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Aint that the truth

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Belton Bandit

Belton Bandit Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Belton,Texas
    What brand of trucks does Arrow use? APU units available? How much room for storage in the sleeper births? Still in school looking for the right company to start out with. You know how it is , the brain swimming with anticipation and concerns

4. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Mostly KW T600 and Internationals, I think the lease drivers get the Freightliners. They're all midroof sleepers, some with windows in the top, some without. Decent storage but you're not going to get the whole house in there. They were putting APU's on some trucks but they seem to have quit putting them on after I left. Not many have them anyway. I don't think they care if you idle though. They used to provide full idleaire access but then they restricted it and everyone gave up on it.

They never bothered me about running a load illegal or otherwise, as long as the logs have no errors, you're fine. They used to give a quarterly $250 bonus for that. Never bothered about being late, early, or out of route. They don't care how you get there as long as you get there.

Dispatch is about half clueless but you could make money if you just quietly dealt with it. They were a lot better back in 07. They've been going downhill for a while and I really don't know what's going on with them now.

5. NGa mountain man

NGa mountain man Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    Bandit,
    I left there in Oct. after a couple of weeks of running only 1,100 miles.
    They have a decent training program at orientation,but if you need a repair done you have to go to Tulsa unless under a load,once in Tulsa plan on one week just to get into the shop,plus the repair.
    They do run 06 KW's,and Internationals,and I had a 04 Columbia with 500,000 + miles,a real POS,but alot of room inside.It had a Detroit 385-450 Hp motor,and really wouldn't pull a small hill much less a mountain loaded.
    There are very few APU's,but they don't bust on you at all about idling,or fuel mileage,however they don't always give you fuel stops.
    Plan on a walk around to the various departments (safety,logs,legal etc.every 60 days)=Tulsa for a week ,and $25.00 per day for a week.
    Now isn't really the time for flatbed unless you can survive on a $200. pay check,it gets better in the spring.
    You live in Texas so they might not be a bad bet for you to get some experience,as you will spend alot of time there with 300-600 mile runs from Laredo to Houston to La.and back to San Antonio etc.
    I hated Texas because it seemed that you would get stuck there ,and not get many miles for a couple of weeks.
    Also you will sit alot this time of year( My last week out of 7 days I sat 4)

They have old equipment and supposedly were buying 100 new Cascadia's ,but they hadn't been delivered yet.
    They have lost several million milers,and have a very high turn over(for every 100 they hire they lose 150),but they are very lenient on who they hire(felonies etc.)

Good luck to ya ,and have fun,and be safe out there.

Baack Thanks this.
  6. driley2588

driley2588 Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I worked for arrow from October to just a week ago. They sucked as a company. Their equipment was the worse. I had a 2004 freightliner mid roof with 550000 miles. I never even got to pull an aluminum trailer, i always got screwed with them steel p.o.s trailers. They paid alright I guess. The thing that really made me mad was my dm. If you go to work for arrow and you get assigned Greg H then u should quit right on the spot. Also there terminals are all dumps. Wait till you go to Houston and check out that terminal. I guess what im trying to say is stay away from arrow. go work for a real flatbed company.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
    Baack Thanks this.
  7. jdsouza

jdsouza Heavy Load Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Do you all know if Arrow is paperless log

8. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    They used paper when I was there. I haven't head anything about them going paperless. They way they run I don't think they'd want to.

9. boyhowdy120

boyhowdy120 Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2009
    California
    I worked for Arrow for three and a half years, was a great company to work for until this year when they fired most of their office help, stopped paying saftey bonus's cut all the co. trucks back to 61 mph, and don't ever get caught at the terminal needing repairs on your trk, I have a freind that still works for them that has been at the terminal waiting for repairs on his truck for a week, and oh, they don't do pm's until you have 50kmi on the truck. Plus add to that they fired all the owner ops last Aug.
    and just this week, their was two days their fuel card service was shut off due to non payment. Of course, all co's have to tighten up during the slow-winter months of
    operation. last year it was so bad that if you went into at ta or a petro to get a tire, you would wait until monday or tuesday b4 they would have the money to pay.
    I really liked working for them but with all the changes and cuts I personally cannot afford to work for them to sit around just for a job.
    I hated to quit but it was a bussiness decision that I had to make and now I'm glad I did, the outfit that I'm working for now has kept me busy and I've more than doubled what I was getting with Arrow.
    Arrow was a great outfit when I went to work for them three years ago but they have changed so much they are not the same, I would say that if you are just starting out, go for it you will learn alot (the hard way) but you will get experience.
    Have fun, Blessings!

10. NGa mountain man

NGa mountain man Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    As of late Oct. they wre running paper logs with the exception of two drivers that I re powered with that were running on Drivers daily logs.com.
    You will learn if you are new,and this time of year you will sit.
    My last week I got a load delivering 19 miles from my house(Newnan Ga),sat for 9 hours then loaded in Birmingham,to deliver in Houston two days later at 8 am,then sat for two days for a load from Houston to Port Allen La,Then sat for three days for a load from Chauvin La. back to Houston.

11. UncleFester

UncleFester Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Newton, IA

If your husband is considering flatbedding, try TMC in Des Moines. Their equipment and training are second to none and even in these tough times are doing a good job of getting people home for the weekend.

I heard today that Arrow are closing the doors. Not sure if that is true, there are so many stupid rumors out there it is hard to believe anything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.