As an experienced driver my advice is the buckets at the fuel islands are not a bird bath.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by LTL Bull, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Whoa … there … bucko … I’ve seen some animal behavior by good ol’ American boys with missing teeth and not having a hair cut or even a shower in months.

The worst was I think the pilot in gary where one guy decided to stand up in the middle stall when he went #2, which flooded out the stalls on both sides of him then he took a “bath” to clean himself up next to the sinks, and left everything on the floor.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Goodbye, I love my ignore button;)

4. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    You leave my long hair outta this. Ain’t you ever heard that old song long haired country boy?

In regards to everything else yeah there are some real pigs out here. It’s sad things could be much nicer if only drivers have a ####.

As to them washing their feet in the buckets and being from a third world country. That’s probably why they felt comfortable doing so. Have you never seen some of the water sources in those locations? I wouldn’t walk along the banks of the ganga River yet thousands of people wash in it each day

5. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Guys complaining about people washing their feet in the sink while they wash the hand that just probably poked through that single ply tp and came out smelling like roses. Those feet that get cleaned multiple times a day are probably cleaner then ol Billy bobs hands.

6. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    That practice is the bane of my existence. Unfortuntely, it occurs very frequently where I run.

7. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    I'm going to take a completely different point of view and give them just a little slack.
    Judging by the photo of the fuel tank, they must have had some sort of diesel spill. Also notice the wet ground under the truck.
    I see that they probably walked thru the diesel at some point and got their shoes soaked in diesel. Since they were wearing flip flops( I assume) their bare feet also got some diesel on them. We all know that when you get any diesel on you that smell just does not go away, It lingers with you forever it seems.
    Another photo shows them going into the truck stop.They probably tried to get as much off their shoes and feet BEFORE tracking that into the truck stop for everybody else to deal with.
    I'm not saying leaving the towels on the ground or washing their stuff with the windshield washer bucket was right,but I can't completely condemn them like some of you are.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  8. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    They pulled in a few seconds ahead of me. Never saw a hose off the pump, maybe left cap off and it was sloshing that I didn’t see when they pulled in as I could only see passenger side but an open fuel cap sloshing out is possible. They never pulled up and no one was ahead of them. Still no reason to wash off out of a nasty Wash bucket and throw towels on the ground. No over powering smell of diesel or sheen on the pavement either that would normally come with a hose popping out.

9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    The rare chance I stop at a mega truck stop I never use the bucket. A few times now I go to clean the windshield and it's got oil streaks on it afterwards from tards.

10. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    Adherents to the Mahomedan faith have to clean their feet and hands before their prayer rituals, of which there are several in a day.
    It's symbolic rather than sanitary, so the bucket on the fuel pumps is clearly technically acceptable.
    Of course, to those of us not of that faith it's plain nasty to see it in a washroom sink or a fuel island especially when there's fallout in the form of the mess left behind as in in the op's photo's.

11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.