As an experienced driver my advice is the buckets at the fuel islands are not a bird bath.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by LTL Bull, Jun 28, 2022.

1. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Maybe if they just wore socks and shoes and wear gloves while refueling and inspecting the truck?
    I think that would go a long way to alleviate the hygiene problems?

Dennixx and NorthEastTrucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    Are you sure they were using the actual buckets? A lot of these places have hoses/spigot to refill said buckets?

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Deleted...Not my type of thread.
    Bathrooms ought to be used for such things.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  5. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    Y’all have never brushed yalls teeth outta the buckets?? Anything to keep the left door shut, right??

bigguns Thanks this.
  6. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    ####, and I felt a bit guilty for rinsing out my coffee mug with the water hose while I was in the fuel aisle the other day.
    I have actually seen someone in a pair of shorts take a shower with the hose at a pilot once. But it was late at night and there wasn’t very many trucks so he wasn’t holding anyone up. Got his shampoo and everything out. Soaked down, lathered up and rinsed off got back in his truck and took off.

7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Be careful with drinking the truck stop water from the hose. Some places recycle the wash water from the showers, the wash and rinse water if there's a truck wash on site and the shop water into a "cleaner" and then pump it to a holding tank.

LTL Bull and Lennythedriver Thank this.
  8. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I actually see no problem with that... he's staying clean while saving time and money. Win-win-win!

Lennythedriver Thanks this.
  9. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I mean the guy was doing it late at night so the fuel isles were empty and it wasn’t like he was holding anybody up. But I think it’s kind of bold… I guess sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It’s not like the soapy water is gonna hurt anything in the fuel aisle.

10. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    He could have been a trainee that was trying to support his family on $500/week and couldn't afford the showers yet. We never know, but I'd rather see this than smell a slob's cheese between his folds at the fuel desk.

11. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I can't remember where I was but they were having plumbing problems and they had a sign that said "Put used toilet paper in wastebasket" and I was thinking "What is this? Mexico?" No thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.