ASHLEY DISTRIBUTION / ASHLEY FURNITURE

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Ashley_Driver, Jan 25, 2018.

1. marlena

marlena Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lol. Do what I did. Just run them in the background while doing something else.

I don't really want to pinpoint who I am just in case there are eyes here but I will narrow it down and say I run out of a Texas drop yard.

Granted I have some late nights as well but to me that's a small price to pay to actually have a life again. I'm getting home most nights by 6-7.

I absolutely have concerns about the direction it's headed and a lot of points brought up are valid. But all in all compared to a lot of other gigs in this industry it's still a very good one

atruckr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Airforce1975!

Airforce1975! Bobtail Member

May 1, 2018
    The Ashley Driver is telling u guys right! I drive here also and I’ve been here 2 years! It’s put me in bankruptcy working for these people!

4. Airforce1975!

Airforce1975! Bobtail Member

May 1, 2018
    I work for Ashley and I’m going into bankruptcy because of all their lies! They will short haul u to death! Looking for something else after two years of bs job!

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  5. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Sounds like a PTP driver... I hear it's common these days so don't feel bad.. I don't know what will change things but I won't be around for it

6. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    2 years and still hanging in there?
    Sounds like you are a glutton for punishment:D

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  7. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    It wasn't that bad 2 years ago... He's basically saying after 2 years he's had enough and he's probably not the only one that feels that way

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  8. Over This

Over This Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2018
    He's not the only one. Drivers and mechanics are quitting left and right.

9. HeavyMetalTrucker777

HeavyMetalTrucker777 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2018
    Driver from a southwestern drop yard here, and everything said already is spot on. Redlands DC can't hold on to PTP drivers because of no miles and time wasted on $300 backhauls. It's really pathetic that i'm considering leaving a job that a year ago I had nothing bad to say about. Chances are I won't because like another driver said, jobs that pay 90k+ for home nightly and off weekends don't grow on trees.

Not one change made to this company since the new management was brought in has been to benefit their drivers or other employees. I also agree with the sentiment that they are planning to sell the company.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  10. HeavyMetalTrucker777

HeavyMetalTrucker777 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2018
    This is no different than it ever had been, and the 5% this year was the highest share i've seen in my time with the company. Plus you were allowed to take 40% of it as a paid out bonus, which was never allowed previously. It almost offsets the Quality Pay Bonus which was stolen from us.

11. supertruck#1

supertruck#1 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Mississippi

I just quit Ashley went to Kc transportation in Sherman ms o/o lease. You run 18 months or 180,000 miles and truck is yours no monthly truck payments they are 2011-12 Freightliners (older company trucks) no credit checks no money down. Have to be out two weeks at a go. Only cost is insurance and fuel plates tags.... they don’t withhold a maint account either... if u break down and can’t pay they fix it then with hold so much a month for it...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.