Ashley Furniture? Good company?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by BigD09, Jul 28, 2013.

1. classic_150

classic_150 Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    South Dakota
    I agree with two of the three

flyingmusician Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

ASHLEYDRIVER2013 Light Load Member

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----

LOL What a problem to have---LOL

4. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    The funny part is he isn't kidding lol

I've seen that happen coming out of Arcadia getting back out to the big road

5. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    Well had a good week last week, got in on Sunday, back out on Tues, did 3200 miles a lay-over pay, and a store del pay. Boy they did not want to pay the layover pay, that was a little battle, had to pull out the manual on them, and recite page 46, paragraph 3, line 2-when I started talking and quoting the book--they backed off-have you experienced that lately?

APU has also booped the bed again, we are taking the slow rebuild approach, one part at a time, it was a used APU from another one of our trucks, put on my new truck---LOL

So far we have replaced the a/c compressor, a/c compressor bracket, then alternator, then the fuel pump, and then we had too, redew the wiring--that was causing cab alarms, 15.5 voltage spikes, and inverter tripping off line, and the main battery bank to drain down, and trip off line for low voltage. Now the APU is off line again, think it is the idler pulley and or serpentine belt.

Slowly getting use to this new web site, got my alerts working now.

So were do they have ya starting this week?

6. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Haven't had any pay issues lately but I haven't had to sit long enough for a layover lately either. You can bet I'll hold them to it if it comes down to it though. If they'd quit hauling these cheap ### back hauls and build some relationships with some good brokers instead of taking the easy way out with cheap and heavy Robinson they would have such an issue with cost.

Did Leesport last week. An okay week but nothing stellar. Did this place in south Hackensack.

image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg

Had to back down thru all those cars, 90 thru the gate, 90 to the dock. Barely enough room to work with even with a 48. Getting in wasn't too bad just slow and easy but getting square and flush on the dock took about 20 minutes of pull-up and wiggle back. I learned quick any pickup in northeast jersey do whatever you need to to get a 48 going in there lol

Headed to Tampa getting ready to leave now then the usual to Columbia for tomorrow.

ASHLEYDRIVER2013 Thanks this.
  7. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    If u spend the nite there, tampa, do not park by the trailers, have a huge ant problem there, maybe by the parked cars, our trucks are getting infested.

8. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow...did this thread ever die. Sitting here at the Greencastle TA parked next to one of your guys.

9. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Yeah we've gotten a little lazy lol

Could be cause they're working the #### out of us though I imagine

Voyager1968 Thanks this.
  10. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    I'm right here just working in the background

11. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    Where did they end up sending you when you went back to advance

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.