Ask a Trainer - For New Hires and Potential Employees

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Baritone, Sep 11, 2013.

1. cincypapaw

cincypapaw Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2013
    CIncinnati
    Thanks for your reply Steven. How far back are you supposed to remember accidents?I think i have had 3 or 4 in my lifetime (52 yrs old) but hell cannot remember and don't want to not get hired on because I forgot about one. And when they say how many preventables..well are not all accidents preventable..lol I assume you waited to hear back from them before you sent them your 5 years of taxes?

By the way Steve I have enjoyed your videos so keep them up!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rotorzilla

Rotorzilla Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I submitted an app and talked with a recruiter a couple days ago about going to MTI to get my CDL and driving for Millis. As I am not geographically tied down at this time and can relocate just about anywhere. she said that If stayed on the south east after training I would start at .36cpm I asked about going south or south west. She said if I went to Texas it would starting at .50cpm. Can anyone one confirm this? I was wondering why there is such a big difference in the cpm. Can you pull in 3000+ miles a week in Texas or is there limited miles so they pay more because of short runs?
    She also said that if your a honorably discharged vet your MTI cost will be $1000 instead of $2500 but you still need to pay $500 upfront.

do they have:
    what type of trucks do they run?
    APU?
    can you run inverters?
    new style qualcomm?
    How is maintenance response times if you have a breakdown?
    Ride along policy?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. SVPilot

SVPilot Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2014
    I'm a wannabe. I'm considering applying for training with Millis. Do your trucks have an APU or "shore power" capability? Thanks!

5. cphelps

cphelps Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Greenville, NC
    My understanding is that they have bunk heaters but not APUs and they they aren't too strict on idle times. Not sure what "shore power" is.

6. Noob1

Noob1 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2014
    No apu's... U get an idle bonus for less idling... The trucks do have bunk heaters.... You can use inverters but there are requirements... Can have ride alongs after 90 days of safe driving I believe

SVPilot Thanks this.
  7. SVPilot

SVPilot Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2014
    I'm not sur what shore power is either. I was told that it is an external power source that plugs into a receptacle on the truck providing power to run A/C and heat, TV etc.

8. cincypapaw

Sep 12, 2013
    CIncinnati
    Have submitted my app and am waiting for a reply...fingers crossed . Another question regarding training : Is there alot of homework material during the 1st 3 weeks? Reason I ask is I live 20- 30 minutes from Trenton and originally planned on going home nightly and not spend money on the hotel and meals ,BUT 3 of our grandkids ( and daughter) live with us and I started thinking if there is any type of homework I would never be able to concentrate on studying. Any input would be appreciated.

9. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    the home work really is not to bad if you can find 30 min of quite time you should be good

cincypapaw Thanks this.
  10. cincypapaw

Sep 12, 2013
    CIncinnati
    Thanks for the info . If about 30 minutes is all there is at night I guess that would be ok .I suppose the other downfall of going home would be that students could study together or bounce questions off of each other. Does Millis frown upon students not staying at the hotel or do they not care? Don't want to send the wrong message or rattle any cages

11. jdshroudie

jdshroudie Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Punta Gorda,Florida
    Does Millis Hire out Of florida ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.