Ask me a question; tell me if I'm ready or not for O/O

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheres da $$$, Feb 27, 2018.

1. SleepyJ77

SleepyJ77 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2018
    You want a guy or gal that will be willing to work and take care of your equipment as you would. I thought about adding a truck myself but my terminal manager is against it. If you lived here I'd put ya work tomorrow. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wheres da $$$

wheres da $$$ Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Thanks for the advise I never did flat bed i did hear it is good money for o.o I'm not going yo lie I thought of it but kinda looks like a lot of work??lol but seriously is it as much work as it looks??

4. SleepyJ77

Jan 18, 2018
    And yes, it would suck to leave that beautiful baby girl. Mine are now 10 and 15. Gonna stick it out here until the oldest graduates maybe and venture out again. They have me interested in starting a fishing charter in Roatan now. Lol!!!!!

5. wheres da $$$

Dec 8, 2016
    Where u located and I appreciate it...lol like I said I do know a lot of people do not treat the truck like if its there own besides I do know even if all that comes yo play I know ill be running around after tenants fixing my truck getting loads....lol sound like a lot but hey I think it's accomplisable
    Thanks for the comment no I do agree with u I will get my household together b4 I buy a truck I also with have a contract set up b4 I get a truck and yea if my job now currently kept me busy I can make 14.1500 a week at 1099 no insurance which isn't great but not bad ...but with the cameras inside facing the bendix and what not it's freaking horrible

6. SleepyJ77

Jan 18, 2018
    I loved flatbed work. It can be a little work but we'll worth it. I had a load that took 6 tarps and all day to get loaded and tarped. I kicked and screamed the whole time. But then again,the tarp charge alone was $1600 in my pocket on top of the load pay,od pay and fuel surcharge. A company guy would get $25 to $50 for the average tarp load. I would get $100 to $200. Loved the big loads as well. Nothing like going down down the road at 175 feet long and all the folks looking at ya and taking pictures. I truly miss it

wheres da $$$ Thanks this.
  7. SleepyJ77

Jan 18, 2018
    I'm down in the Florida Panhandle right on the Gulf of Mexico

8. wheres da $$$

Dec 8, 2016
    #### man where u at lol yea see it all depends on the contract ppg a paper company down this way I herd there's a guy that start with one truck now has 3 with them and he's home everyday

9. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    If your plan is to run local I really don't have anything useful to add to this thread. My stock in trade as a broker is literally loads that go more than 300 miles lol.

10. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    2 dollars a gallon really caught my attention.
    With that you can make some real money.
    In Pa. - the Poconos - it's $3.45 most places.
    Just tees me off every time I fill up.

11. SleepyJ77

Jan 18, 2018
    I hear ya on that. That's what I've been paying for 4 years next month. No fuel surcharge but we save moreally at the pump for sure. Only turned 37,000 mile for 2017. I'm near Panama City. Come on down. We'll even do some fishing!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.