ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc

Thats kinda what I was thinking. I was just really suprised by that when I opened it up:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    You mean my prepass has a light other than green in it?

In all actuality though, I'd say the scale bypass rate for us is over 95%. I've never been pulled in NM or AZ, and have only seen red in CA once. Usually, the only reds I get are scales that have WIM in the scale area, and then I get redlighted in, WIMed, and bypassed around the static scale unless i'm over 75,000.

4. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Two level 3 inspects in 2 years. Thats it. Rarely see the little red light.

I did get inspected for fire ants once on my way into CA. Ag inspector had a trainee... they wheeled their little ladder to the back of my trailer after I opened the door and climbed inside.

Their supervisor came over and removed the ladder, smiling and indicating to me to keep my mouth shut... inspector almost blew a gasket at me, the supervisor peeked around the corner laughing a split second before the guy could get a word out.

I would have made a great lawsuit witness if the inspector had not been paying attention and fell out of my trailer.... then again, now that I think about it, the supervisor probably would have gotten in "cahoots" with the inspector to save his job first, and sue Prime and myself second.

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I don't know where you got that from....

We have a very good score these days - extremely low accident rate, and as others have indicated, very rarely get pulled into a weigh station. I've only been asked to come in once this year for a log inspection by UT. CO and WY wanted to see my IFTA paperwork and insurance card. If we were on the "inspect" list, we'd be hanging out with CRE, Swift, et al at the back of the chicken coups.

I've been weighed pretty frequently over the last few months, but I've been pulling some really heavy loads - right around 79k alot.

6. TruckerMike

TruckerMike Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Chicago
    I've been with Prime for just about 1 year now...

Got pulled over in Iowa for a level 3 in August. Passed.

Got pulled into a scale in Tennessee in January and passed a level 3.

Was pulled into Colorado last March and again in January to have IFTA and insurance checked.

On a side note, when I was in Tennessee the officer asked to see my logs. Upon informing him I was on E-Logs and could have the info faxed to him, the officer said "let's just not worry about it.":biggrin_25525:
    In any case, I'm definately in the 90%+ range of getting the green light, so no complaints here.

7. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    I got it off the safer stat web site from http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/iss.asp?ais=&dot=003706&WhichForm=start

8. bs64507

bs64507 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    St Joseph, MO.
    I recently went past your Springfield, MO. terminal and noticed that they had alot of trucks parked on the back lot. I mean alot! They were 2-3 deep. Did they just buy a bunch of new trucks or are they cutting down on drivers?. I used to drive past there fairly often and was just wondering.
    Thanks, be safe.

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    We've been adding drivers and tractors over the last year - to support actual business needs. We haven't had much of a post-holiday slowdown this year. What you're seeing at the back of the trailer yard is a pre-buy of '09 equipment to avoid dealing with the 2010 engines until after the bugs are worked out of those machines... at least that's what they told us.

10. TruckerMike

TruckerMike Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Chicago
    Yup, I heard the same thing. They bought them in bulk and will be slowly releasing them over time to drivers. My question is, I wonder how good it is for those trucks to just be sitting there? The ones that aren't due to be released until November or so, just sitting with brand new engines in them, no parts moving, condensation building inside, etc. I'm no mechanic (although I play one on TV), just a thought I had.

11. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    We do have at least one truck with a 2010 engine in it. It was parked in the first spot behind the tire bays earlier this week. The DEF tank was in front on the fuel tanks, and about 18 inches wide. I took a pic of it but my cell phone ate it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.