ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. FTB530

FTB530 Light Load Member

May 16, 2013
    NOR CAL
    Guys ,im kinda new to this board and cant figure out how to post a new thread, SOOO

Question..... Does Prime run the western states, No i haven't called a recruiter or prime Yet, I have read a few threads about prime and it seems they may be a decent company to drive for,
    I have been out of driving for the last 12 years and i am considering getting back into a truck,i wouldnt mind doing some kind of refresher training, i have current medical cards and CDl. BUT i do not want to drive 48 states,i wouldnt mind 11 western or regional,i know its a lot of wants for me but i have no desire to go out east of Texas for sure,thanks for any advice or info anyone can give me ,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    Well as far as I remember prime does run the western states but they are also an all 48 carrier wanting to stay west of Texas might not be possible with prime but I'm not saying it can't be done you would most def want to talk to a recruiter about that before signing on also with being out of a truck for that long I'm sure prime would have you do tnt for a while hope this helps

4. amn70chevy

amn70chevy Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2013
    I am looking into going with Prime Inc. a main reason is I have a dog and no one to watch him so I need a company that is will let me bring him with me. Now I have my class A permit so I need a company with a training program so this is another reason to go with prime along with many others. My dog is 65 pounds but Prime and all other companies have a weight limit of 40 pounds what should I do I am thinking of going through the training ect. and letting them know that I am will be driving with my dog but not saying he is over 40 pounds I am an honest individual and hate to lie but I feel in this circumstance I might have to if any of you could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

5. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

The guy in the room next to me at Campus the other night had a full size German Shepherd. There is NO way that dog was under 40 pounds...

6. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Your dog will not be coming with you for training. I know that much for sure. So someone will have to watch him for a few months.

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    CHD Regional division out of Salt Lake is an 11-western operation. You'd be on the company side. They do very occasionally get east of the Rockies, but not often.

8. amn70chevy

amn70chevy Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2013
    I know he can't be with me at training, but once I get my own truck and get on the road will 20 pounds really make that much of a difference. I wouldn't want to just get started and then fired cause my dog is 60 pounds instead of 40 but I just don't see it being that big of a deal any ideas guys?

9. FTB530

FTB530 Light Load Member

May 16, 2013
    NOR CAL
    IMHO,would you rather tell them you want to take your 60 lb pet with you and they tell you no,or go through the hire process and take your dog and get fired? Some places the rules mean the rules and will be inforced ,i know what i would do.

10. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    Prime is not too particular about pets. They will charge you to clean the truck. Lease operators are given more leeway in pet policy stuff........

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    On the lease side (I wouldn't recommend this for a company guy) - just don't say anything, and tell Fido to stay out of sight at the particular shippers/receivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.