ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. newbietrucker007

newbietrucker007 Medium Load Member

Apr 14, 2013
    merritt north carolina
    What u mean by trucking assignment? I thought it was whatever they have available.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Its not rocket science. As a company driver they assign you a tractor from what's available.

Regardless of what anyone says around here about getting a condo if you want, If you go into the process expecting no choice, then you won't be disappointed.

4. Hammertyme

Hammertyme Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Hey chuck, Im arriving at SPRINGMO next Sun. night. Gonna do the lease thing and my wife will come on board in 45 day so I can start her training. Actually she will start riding with me as soon as my first load home so she can get 45days of observation b 4 driving. Tell me what the truck situation looks like in the yard for leasers. thnx.

5. newbietrucker007

newbietrucker007 Medium Load Member

Apr 14, 2013
    merritt north carolina
    Thanks but for me idc what I recieve as long its clean working like it should, and I'm happy with it.
    I mean lightweight or a dang condo the only thing I or any new driver should be concern with is getting the load to the destination safely and on time, not how u look rolling down the interstate highway!!

6. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I haven't been on the yard in a few weeks. Situation changes almost daily. However, most movement happens on the days the various orientation classes are ready for choice (Lease) or assignment (company)

IP can speak more to this, but if you do not like the selections, you can wait and see... However I think you are responsible for your expenses (hotel) at that point. Trucks are constantly coming in, new or previously leased, shop and detail turn them around and put them on the lot daily. Just as finished leases and trucks are turned around to go out the door as "used" trucks for sale.

Hammertyme Thanks this.
  7. Hammertyme

Hammertyme Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Thanks CHUCK, Have u heard what kind of mileage the pete's are getting? Its the wifes choice but I would rather have the 2014 Cascadia. I know the cost is quite a bit more but I can offset that with the great mpg and cost of up keep.

8. awbro

awbro Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm pretty sure you will want to go with the cascadia. There may be some petes available.. usually trucks other drivers have either completed short term leases on or turned them in because they didn't like them and swapped out for a cascadia.... Everyone I talk to that has a pete, either at SPRIMO or on the road, has lots of issues with them. They tend to spend more time in the shop than driving....

Hammertyme Thanks this.
  9. awbro

awbro Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    I have a question myself... if anyone were to know....

When it comes time to say goodbye to prime.... What's the process? Contact FM? Leasing? both? Over QC? Email? Phone? and is there a way to select where you bring the truck in? Say to SLC? How about the bus ride home... Obviously that would be covered by the driver.. but would we get the rate prime would get? Or does Prime get any special rate for bus tickets?

10. kbod9633

kbod9633 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Middle, TN
    If you ever wanna drive a truck for anyone else your best bet is call FM have them route you to a terminal then deal with it from there you abandon a truck somewhere you will never drive for another trucking company again unless they don't care what type of a person you are. All that said start with FM that's what he is there for kinda like your chain of command in a way

11. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Halfway through my TNT phase my trainer switched from a cascadia to a Pete . I found that the cascadia is more user friendly and is easier when it comes to backing. I'm going to do a lease this fall and Ill try to get a cascadia if I can.

lip zee and Hammertyme Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.